Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mags for STI

digerup

Are you talking about 2011 mags?

STI Expensive?

You haven't seen prices on SV tubes. Can't confirm prices on SPS tubes but I'm sure they're a bit more than STI tubes.

Out of the three mentioned, the STI tubes are the cheapest for 2011 guns.

I got major sticker shock when looking at tuned mags. After you buy the mag for 60, add new base pad for 35, 10 for a follower, you could have a a nice tuned mag for around the same price.

I got major sticker shock when looking at tuned mags. After you buy the mag for 60, add new base pad for 35, 10 for a follower, you could have a a nice tuned mag for around the same price.

Where?

Shooter's Connection is selling tuned mags for $136 for a 40/140, $139 for a 9/140 and $177 for a 9/170. Bob at Brazos is about $10 each less than that. Freedom Gunworks has set of four 40/140 for $500, three 38S/140 + 1 38S/170 for $600 and $100 more for the same set in 9mm.

Those are solid mags, but if you want something like a 30 or 31 round big stick, you're talking $250-275 :surprise:

If you get it right the first time with a self tuning kit, good on you.

But chances are you're gonna mess a tube up. Save yourself from the headaches and buy yourself a set of tuned mags.

You'll be glad you aren't playing the mag tuning game.