Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow Custom right hand side safety only?

G34 CORDY

I clipped foour coils from the MH spring, and two coils from the recoil spring. Did a complete smoothing job to a mirror finish of EVERYTHING inside my sp01. (Did not touch sear and hammer angle surfaces however, the metal is surface hardened). Played with the sear leg somewhat, and voila: 5.5lbs DA and 3lbs SA. Trigger pull is not bad, but the stock trigger is terrible..too curved.

I played with safeties too, grinded down the right side, when competing, I remove totally the right side safety.

However, it would be even better to have installed the RAMI safeties in my sp01, no matter what, I tend to engage the safety during reloads. This is what the world champion Adam Tyc does to his SP01 (so it must be legal..).

I'm really playing with my sp01, by now my scores are really really bad compared to my glock scores, but time will tell.

Not an easy weapon to play with, IMHO. My scores really plummeted.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to change it lol. My name should be G34 in my range bag from now on Cordy :roflol: Iam going to pm the web master and have it changed to something better suited.

Wow. Four months and three name changes.... :surprise:

How about just "Cordy", cause I'm sure there will be another name change in the future if you don't....

Sphinx Cordy, STI Cordy, SVI Cordy, Millennium Custom Cordy...... :roflol:

Or, just for kicks, "I can't make up my mind on what kind of gun to shoot Cordy". :roflol:

Now Cordy, don't take all this the wrong way, just having a little laugh at you expense.... :lol:

Glad you are pleased with your CZ... :cheers:

Cordy wasnt avalible, and your right Grumpy it seems when I change my name I end up with something else. But is there really any better of a production gun than the CZ lol. After I test drove a few guns I finally found something that tickles my fancy

Edited by G34 CORDY

My thumb wasnt in the wrong place I was hitting the saftey on mag changes only happened twice but thats enough for me. I just need to get use to make sure my thumb goes over the saftey after a mag change and not just sliding my thumb up like I did with my Glock.

Somehow I have never got slide bite but alot do, when the buzzer went off at my first match with the CZ I felt like it was my first match because the gun felt out of place. But it was my best score I have ever had and thats with me being slower than I normally do and hitting the saftey and standing there trying to figure out whats wrong. Shooting my CZ shows alot of promise and potential.

someone here had similar results. he was a new shooter and shot the glock fast as heck, but his hits weren't that great. then he got a shadow and his hits at first were worse, and he was slow as all heck. then all of a sudden i'm watching him run me down on a couple stages less than a month later. who knew, lol. he's going to run from D to B in no time.

With the CZ I had alot of 2A's and steel hits where alot faster I was very impressed. Even know I was alittle slower just trying to get a feel for the gun it felt alot better and more comfortable to shoot, it didnt feel like I had to work as hard to get good hits. So when I get use to the CZ I bet I will be moving right along hopefully. Its amazing how a change in firearm can result in a much better performance. I guess you just got to find something that you personally like and the rest is history.

yeah... i prolly said it already but when i started shooting an sp-01 i went from 30-40% classifiers to an 82% last week, and also started building a trophy wall. i love this thing. i cannot emphasize how important it is for a particular shooter to find his or her particular gun and run with it.

With the CZ I had alot of 2A's and steel hits where alot faster I was very impressed. Even know I was alittle slower just trying to get a feel for the gun it felt alot better and more comfortable to shoot, it didnt feel like I had to work as hard to get good hits. So when I get use to the CZ I bet I will be moving right along hopefully. Its amazing how a change in firearm can result in a much better performance. I guess you just got to find something that you personally like and the rest is history.

If you love it so much, marry it! :lol:

I'm about halfway there to mine.....another couple of months... B)

You are 100% right, everyone was giving me a hard time because I was buying differnt guns but the guns that I thought I liked didnt like me until I bought the CZ and now I feel like I found the gun for me.

Edited by G34 CORDY