Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So there I was at the range...

imashooter2

Shooting my new to me Performance Center 627-5 and feeling pretty dang good about it. Then my regular shooting partner shows up... With his new to him fully Carmonized 625-6. Totally harshed my mellow. <_<

Fabulous piece of equipment. Wonderful trigger. I kind of like that Weigand rear blade as well. I'm going to have to get one of those for the 627.

Good luck with your 627. It will work fine for you the way it is but you can't beat a Carmonized action. My new 627 has been Carmonized and I'm spoiled now.

I'm going to have the Weigan rear blade installed. I tried to do it myself but my big fingers get in the way with those small parts.

It dosn't look too hard here's the video.

http://www.videojug.com/webvideo/how-to-replace-rear-sight-blade-on-a-smith-and-wesson-revolver

I tried the Wiegand replacement blades in the past and found them to flop up/down. Have they improved the design? I found I had to stuff something up under the rear of the blade to keep it still.

Is the Weigand rear blade legal for ICORE Limited? Seems as though it might fail "extends beyond or behind a factory manufactured sight's location."

Technically the Millett sights do the same thing but they don't have a problem with them. I think they had those sights that mounted on a rail forward and aft of the gun when that rule was made. The rule director (Jeff Nicholson) for ICORE responds quickly to questions if you email him at rules@icore.org

Is the Weigand rear blade legal for ICORE Limited? Seems as though it might fail "extends beyond or behind a factory manufactured sight's location."

Technically the Millett sights do the same thing but they don't have a problem with them. I think they had those sights that mounted on a rail forward and aft of the gun when that rule was made. The rule director (Jeff Nicholson) for ICORE responds quickly to questions if you email him at rules@icore.org

Thanks! I did just that. I'll let everyone know what he says.

• 2 weeks later...

You two have new guns and are practicing? :surprise: Now I’m going to have to practice.

Walt

LOL! You could beat me if you let me hit your trigger finger with a hammer before the match. Besides, looking at the sets, I don't know as an eight shot is much of an advantage this year. Might be better off taking a 625 and getting the better reloads.

Paul is going straight to Master with his new full up race gun. It's clear to me that that inferior 686 was the only thing holding him back. ;)

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Thanks! I did just that. I'll let everyone know what he says.

2 emails sent and no replies. Just tried again using the contact form on the ICORE site.

Edited by imashooter2

2 emails sent and no replies. Just tried again using the contact form on the ICORE site.

Seems as if using the contact form on the web site was the way to go. There was a reply in my inbox when I got back from dinner.

The Weigand rear blade replacements are legal in ICORE Limited Division.