Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just pulled the 'trigger'

carexpert

congrats, welcome the forum support group. If you haven't picked up a reloading manual, it's really worthwhile. you can get reliable load data on the forum, but (IMHO) you can really learn a lot by just reading through a full manual. another thing - if you happen across any older manuals, they're worth picking up if you can get them for a reasonable price - interesting to see how different labs/manufacturers will work up loads for the same calibers and how that data changes over time as testing procedures (i.e. moving from copper crusher to transducer) become more accurate. My $.02.

Thanks guys...looking forward to it. I've read the ABC's and am 1/2 way through Lee's, I didn't want to buy the press before I read it...figured I'd be to anxious to use it. Now I need to pick up some supplies, got about 1k of brass I just cleaned. AND, my three permits showed up today (well, one is hers)...should be a good weekend!

Thanks guys...looking forward to it. I've read the ABC's and am 1/2 way through Lee's, I didn't want to buy the press before I read it...figured I'd be to anxious to use it. Now I need to pick up some supplies, got about 1k of brass I just cleaned. AND, my three permits showed up today (well, one is hers)...should be a good weekend!

Permits? Where are you located? And welcome to the most addicting thing you can do legally! :cheers:

Newbie here too who just recently began loading; I have a 550 also. Found it VERY helpful to have a friend step me through his then coach me through changing some of the setup and loading rounds. Makes it a bit easier to navigate the challenges which WILL come up later when there is no one around. Good luck!