Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Seattle,WA

SeaTact

Hi everyone--

New to pistols, but not new to marksmanship. Used to shoot .22 rifles in high school (actually had a meet at West Point--- what an awesome experience), archery as well but can't say that's practical. Looking to get back into shooting sports now.

I've taken a basic handgun class at a local range and demoed a range of guns in that class. Just purchased a Glock 27 Gen4 and loving it so far. Hope to learn more and shoot more in the future!

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the shooting sports. I'm in Tacoma, myself. Have you given any thought to which sports, and which clubs, you might want to attend? At what range did you take your class, Wade's? How was it?

Hi Duane--

Huh, I meant G17 in my original post.

So sorry for not replying 'till now. I hope late is better than never. I'm participating in IDPA for now since the closest range to my house -- West Coast Armory -- has IDPA meets on Tuesdays. I'll try to get to the Renton IDPA matches even in the rain. I really like USPSA but I'm short on time and $$.

My very first class was an intro handgun class at Shooting Sports NW. I think that went fine. I also took FAS's defensive handgun which was really useful.

Hope to see you around.

Edited by pistolcompetitor