Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK 34 OR CZ SP-01 SHADOW For Production?

Grumpy you are right, I will buy a CZ later down the road and after the reloader. Hell I might not even want a CZ down the road lol. GOOD CALL :cheers:

Good call, I think you made the right decision. I love my 34 and if you already run the glock well I don't think you're giving up much of an advantage to the CZs. Plus I think it would be good to have another Glock 9mm back up gun for major matches, just in case...

CAZ

Too late. He bought the CZ a while back and the G34 is now his back up gun....

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=1283590

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an SP-01 after having run Glocks for a long time... Really surprised no one's said it yet but mainly the CZ is just plain way easier to shoot well.

Nothing is really as simple or reliable as a Glock, yeah, but the CZ is not real finicky either, it can be run real hard and dirty too, it just is slightly higher maintenance, but not bad at all (very blue collar, no need for $$$ mag tuning and such).

Thing is, with a 20 minute trigger job into it, mine breaks like a top shelf piece, locks up like a bank vault, and seems to be about as accurate as just about any gun I've ever shot, even far more expensive ones. I've had Glocks set-up to feel really really good too, but the CZ just makes things seem easier. The weight and good ergos combined with the nice trigger is just A LOT more forgiving to shoot than even a nicely tuned glock is, the same sloppy shot that'll get you a C (-1 in idpa) with the CZ wouldn't even be on the paper with a Glock. At 10 yards with my Glock a 5-shot group would always be around an inch or so, about the size of a quarter on good days... with the CZ all the holes touch each other, and with half the effort.

I still love glocks and always will, but it hasn't been very long and now I love the CZ too. Might not be for everybody but well worth a hard look.

Edited by ck1

Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in on this discussion.

I have had the CZ Shadow and CZ 85 and sold the Shadow but kept my CZ 85. I found the Shadow a bit heavy at times,especially carrying it all day and tracking from target to target when shooting. I have shot Glocks on and off for the last 6 years, mostly the 34 or 35 and I really like them. I tend to shoot the CZ's better than the Glock under stress (like a match) but I have found the Glocks to be 100% reliable for me. Unfortunately, I tended to have at least 1 malfunction each match with the CZ Shadow per match, usually a double feed which I never tracked down the cause. My CZ 85 is more reliable than the Shadow and has a fantastic trigger (6 DA 2-3 SA)but the Glocks are even more reliable.

I prefer the consistent trigger pull of the Glock and the lower bore axis of the Glock, but the weight of the CZ makes up for a lot when the fast shooting starts. I also find the CZ mags easier to do fast reloads than the Glock due to the smoother steel finish on the CZ and better angle of the grip for reloads.

I still shoot both of them, the Glock more in IDPA and the CZ 85 in IPSC Production. I had some hope for the S&W M&P Pro but I backed out of buying one partly due to the talk about dead triggers and other issues which I have witnessed with a couple locally owned Pro's.

Just my humble opinion and observations.