Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

so i break down and decide to buy a fancy new LED-LCD tv. get a samsung-it's awesome, friggin awesome. lasts for a day and goes toast. bring it back next day and get another. it's still working. this week, costco has it for sale for $230 off. i go there this morning to see if i get the cost difference. after checking with the customer service folks, they tell me i have to buy another one, then bring it in to the return desk and show them the receipt from the first buy and they'll take care of it.

so i buy another, head for the return desk and suddenly they're all freaked. no one knows what to do. after 15 mins, they call a manager, who explains to them all they had to do is refund me the difference (duh). but i digress. so them end up refunding me for the entire 1st purchase at the higher price. i'm good. then, the clincher. they take another 15 mins to go to the safe to pull out enuf money to refund. since i bought it using my debit card, they refunded in cash. then, i have to head to the bank to deposit this huge wad of twenties they gave me.

so what should have taked 5 minutes ends up taking several hours and trips to a bank. at least i got the $230. sad.

At least you got the difference back without having to bring the TV back in, return it and repurchase it. I know of one place that would have forced you to do that if you wanted the difference. :devil:

Yeppers, Costco does take good care of their customers.

It took a few extra moments to figure it out but they did resolve it in the end.

Unlike several other companies who "**** you at the drive-through"!!!!! :ph34r:

I kinda feel sorry for the Costco here. It's right by the Maui airport so a lot of the tourists stop there as soon as they get off the plane. They stock up on everything they need for their vacation. Beach towels, boogie boards, snorkel/mask, beach chairs, laptops, chips/dips, etc.

On their way back to the airport they stop at Costco and return everything. Yep, even open bags of chips

Edited by DonT