Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to do now? Glock or HK?

Heshin

Just getting back into shooting and went to my first competitive shoot (IPSC) two weekends ago using my carry Glock 19. Well to say the least I am hooked!! My question is that I have a HK USP .40 that I am not really that fond of anymore and was trying to decide if I were to sell it would I replace it with the G17 Gen 4 or G35. Most of our comps around the area are IPSC/USPSA and pin shoots, I really like the shoot-ability and simplicity of the Glocks. Any input would be great.

G22 would be the most versital for USPSA production and also IDPA and have the umpf for pin shooting. Nothing wrong with the G35 either. It would work just as well. Some people find they are a little quicker with the normal G22 vs the longer slide of the G35.

Glocks are like lays potato chips, ya cant just have the one... i know i dont hehehe

+1 ain't nothing like popping open a freshly loaded full mag of "GLOCK" and smelling the fresh gunpowder! Lol....

Except for maybe getting blinded by the pimped out DE the guy in the shooting lane next to you has.... :roflol:

My vote would be for a G35, can be used in production (loaded down ammo), L10, or Limted.

FWIW, I don't own a Glock, Springfield man here...

Glocks are like lays potato chips, ya cant just have the one... i know i dont hehehe

+1 ain't nothing like popping open a freshly loaded full mag of "GLOCK" and smelling the fresh gunpowder! Lol....

Except for maybe getting blinded by the pimped out DE the guy in the shooting lane next to you has.... :roflol:

My vote would be for a G35, can be used in production (loaded down ammo), L10, or Limted.

FWIW, I don't own a Glock, Springfield man here...

LMMFAO!....

My vote would be to trade the HK in for a glock 35. As previously mentioned it can be used in Production, Limited 10, and Limited and when properly loaded should be able to take down the pins too. In addition the you will have a great carry gun in the 19 that will have the same feel and controls as your competition gun.

Sounds like the G35 might be the way to go, I have all the reloading gear except for .40 dies and I guess I was a little concerned about the "un/under supported chamber" in Glock .40's, but i keep reading that it has been improved in the last 3-4 years. Do I have reason to be concerned as long as I am following booked loads?

Sounds like the G35 might be the way to go, I have all the reloading gear except for .40 dies and I guess I was a little concerned about the "un/under supported chamber" in Glock .40's, but i keep reading that it has been improved in the last 3-4 years. Do I have reason to be concerned as long as I am following booked loads?

not one bit!!!! I am using dillon dies for my .40 cal's and not had one problem. but i did hear that if was to change my barrel i might, but i will worry about that when the time comes!!! :closedeyes: