Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

problem with egw u die 9mm

today i converted my 650 to load 9mm luger, so when i set it up, i was ready for some fine tuning.

so i started to size some cases and they all came out like this after the first station.

DSC00004.jpg

so what is the problem?

is the egw undersize die too tight?

What was that brass shot in before you resized it? Any chance it's a 9mm Major Open gun? The base at the extractor groove should be 9.93mm.

Edit to add: It almost looks like 9mm brass that was sized on a .38 Super U-die.

Edited by G-ManBart

What was that brass shot in before you resized it? Any chance it's a 9mm Major Open gun? The base at the extractor groove should be 9.93mm.

Edit to add: It almost looks like 9mm brass that was sized on a .38 Super U-die.

some of the brass was shot in an sps 2011 standart gun, and the others were shot from glock 17 1st gen.

the rounds where factory rounds from magtech, so none of them where loaded to major powerfactor, if i reload the brass on a square deal with the standart dillon dies, there is no problem accept the little bulge, wich whe are all familiar with.

i have tried to size the brass on my egw .38super die, but with that die it won't go all the way in, so it's impossible to size 9mm brass in an .38super die, unless you use a lot of force.

the ammo wich i want to make is for my new open gun, and they will be loaded to major power factor, the gun it's gonna be fitted with an trubor barrel, i don't know how tight the chamber is gonna be (the gun is not finished yet) but i think it's gonna jam whem using glock fired brass reloaded with the standart dillon die, but that's gonna be something i need to try when i have the gun.