Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Millet DMS 1-4X24

eringobragh

I used one for a couple of matches until I got a Burris XTR on sale for $420. Really wanted to have the BDC.

The Millet is an excellet scope for the $$. It is now on my HD rifle. A shooting buddy of mine has one and he shot better than me with it on the long range stage at the 3 gun nationals. Last time I looked there was over 70 pages about this scope on AR15.com forums.

Edited by Trail3

I have one and it is a great optic for the relatively low cost. It keeps a zero and is plenty adequate for anything out to 300 yards. The primary negative is that the illuminated reticule isn't in anything but dim light. For me, that's a minor issue.

There are scopes with a bit clearer glass out there but they aslo cost at last twice as much. I really doubt that your shooting performance would be any better with them.

got to take another look through an accupoint yesterday. what i like about it, is at 1x...it is very forgiving regarding your head positioning (i don't know the terminology for this). can anyone chime in on how the 1x is on the millet?

i know the accupoint is 4 times as much, i'm just trying to research options for my next optic.

I know the accupoint is 4 times as much...

Well, that probably sums it up pretty well. For me, it was a simple choice: I'm new to 3-gun, my eyesight isn't the best so optical quality is a bit lost on me, there seems to be a good resale market for the DMS, and I could afford it a lot better than the Accupoint.