Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello From Sunny Cali!

cali shot doc

I live in the great Bay Area in California and have just gotten into shooting. I've been shooting for about 2 months and several different people at the different local ranges near me have given me ton's of compliments for how well I am shooting for a beginner and told me to look into Practical Shooting. I went to a Competition last weekend and BOY did I love it. I wanted to compete right then and there lol. I am currently trying to finish up my prerequisites to go into nursing school where I will get my B.S. and then go to med school. I love medicine and I love sports. Many surgeons that I have scrubbed in with, to only observe not participate lol, have told me that they go to the shooting range after a difficult case or long shift to help release stress and anxiety. They recommended I try getting into it because of the pressures of school and with my mom's fight with cancer where I'm her primary caretaker and i'm glad they have suggested it. I can't start officially until Sept 25th because my local range makes you take a safety/intro course before you can participate. Can't wait to get advice and meet other people. I have a sig mosquito and a Springfield xd9 5 inch barrel which i absolutely LOVE ;)

I live in the great Bay Area in California and have just gotten into shooting. I've been shooting for about 2 months and several different people at the different local ranges near me have given me ton's of compliments for how well I am shooting for a beginner and told me to look into Practical Shooting. I went to a Competition last weekend and BOY did I love it. I wanted to compete right then and there lol. I am currently trying to finish up my prerequisites to go into nursing school where I will get my B.S. and then go to med school. I love medicine and I love sports. Many surgeons that I have scrubbed in with, to only observe not participate lol, have told me that they go to the shooting range after a difficult case or long shift to help release stress and anxiety. They recommended I try getting into it because of the pressures of school and with my mom's fight with cancer where I'm her primary caretaker and i'm glad they have suggested it. I can't start officially until Sept 25th because my local range makes you take a safety/intro course before you can participate. Can't wait to get advice and meet other people. I have a sig mosquito and a Springfield xd9 5 inch barrel which i absolutely LOVE ;)

Welcome to the forums, and GL wit your B.S... Do you reload your ammo? Calms me down some until I'm done reloading then I get anxious to shoot!

Welcome to the forums! I'm assuming you went to Richmond Rod and Gun Club last Sunday... one of the best clubs, we're happy to have you.

Yea i did. it was awesome. Do you shoot there?

Yes, actually one of the ROs there; almost all of the ROs are here in the forums. Happy to assist you if you have questions.