Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WWB 9mm 115gr

NewColonial

I've heard that it wouldn't make PF in cold weather out of a Glock 17 or 34, can't remember which.

This was at DoubleTap this year, from what I was told.

edited to add:

Now, I'm not saying that to scare you off, I use WWB and it works just fine out of a Glock 19.

But, just double-check it before a major match.

Though, if you're worried about it, I could take it off your hands for a small fee... ;)

Edited by a.roberts

I've heard that it wouldn't make PF in cold weather out of a Glock 17 or 34, can't remember which.

This was at DoubleTap this year, from what I was told.

edited to add:

Now, I'm not saying that to scare you off, I use WWB and it works just fine out of a Glock 19.

But, just double-check it before a major match.

Though, if you're worried about it, I could take it off your hands for a small fee... ;)

Mine made 142 or so, iirc, at Area 4 last year. I know it was over 140. It was COLD. Again, Glock 34.

Thanks. Guess I should have the specified bullet launcher: Sig P226 (4.4 in barrel)

Running out of my P226 (around 25,000 rounds), I get about PF = 123 out of WWB 9mm 115gr.

Gun just came back from tune-up at Sig factory - no barrel issues that they noted (I asked).

Haven't found a good explanation yet for the low velocities.

I highly recommend that you find a chrono before taking any long trips for a match.

Same day, same ammo, same chrono - I get PF = 139 out of my XD Tactical.

Edited by rlv65

That is the first time I have heard of WWB not making power factor from a "standard" size weapon. I would like to know why as well.

I know that I was chrono'd at a major shooting WWB .45 and it made 196 power factor!(230gr out of 5" 1911) Just a tad over huh?