Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glocked .40 Brass

chirpy

Did a search and didn't come up with an answer. Do I need both the EGW U die and the Lee Factory Crimp die to get the Glocked brass back to near spec? If not, (don't want to start a p.....ing contest but,) which seems to work best!

TIA

Richard

PS: Any directions to threads would also be appreciated.

Edited by chirpy

Udie here also. I will say thoug that inall the 1000s of fired .40 casings I've picked up or bought over the years, the bulged cases seem common to all makes and models of pistols rather than just Glocks. Udie though has been a good tool for .40 and 9mm.

JZ

Haven't you guys learned anything about questions like this. Here is the proper response.

The glocked brass is completely unsalvageable. As a favor, I will dispose of it for you. Just send it all my way and I'll even pick up the shipping. I won't change you a cent for this service. ;)

I think it depends on what you are shooting it out of. Some chambers seem to tolerate a lot more than others. I use a standard Lee die for my 9mm and 40 cal. I know some folks who use Dillon dies and don't have a problem. Try the Lee resizer. The Lee factory crimp dies work well too.

Just my $.025

J-Ho

I inspect then run all my pistol brass through a U die mounted on a single stage before tossing them in the case feeder.

#2,712 on ways to skin a cat. Zero issues. None. My guns run great when I eyeball brass inside and out. :) 'magine that...

Weird brass is no longer a Glock exclusive by the way. Especially since they tightened up the chamber on their 40's several years back.

I have used the standard Lee sizing die on glocked brass without any problems. However, I do not shoot a Glock in 40 S&W - my 40 S&W's are CZ-40B, Sig 229, PO16-40, SATI Trojan and S&W 646 revolver. I never use the Lee final crimp die.

Edited by TonyT