Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should there be a "Pro" USPSA class?

Pat,

Obviously your matches last about an hour less than ours.  With 50 shooters, 7 classes, and 4 divisions, everybody's a winner!  Whoopee...  And everyone has to wait for the cupie dolls to be passed out.  

I know it's just a bragging rights thing, but would someone please make it stop?

E

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TGO

Quite possibly the best post I've ever read on this forum. One because it was right and two because it applies to many more things than simply shooting.

You taught me so much over the years of us shooting together. I wish I'd learned that one earlier.

Jack

Come on guys! NO CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM? What would we do? If all we had to blaim bad performance on was ourselves we would be lost. I mean, with no classification system we would'nt have sandbaggers, grandbaggers, paper masters, paper grandmasters, and all the other entities thet we are constantly complaining about, blaiming on, and whining over. If the competitive ones could only compair their percentage to the top guy and had to put in the hard work and dedication to get better then those of us that shoot this sport for 95% fun and 5% competition wouldn't be get to listen to all the political bitching and "This isn't fair" crap that we hear at 8 out of 10 matches. So PLEASE! doen't do away with "class warfair".

No sarcasm here, only agreeing with TGO.

"Many shooters use the classification system as if it were a huge postal match."  - from the USPSA website.

-  I think the big dog should stay in the regular competition.  It makes for a nice day when you manage to beat them on a stage.  :)

-  Prizes should be top down.  I would prefer lower matches fees...and donated prize tables.