Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot 69gr SMKs at 2800 fps.

My drops are:

175 zero (orange dot)

300 first drop (first cross bar)

400 second drop (first black dot)

480 third drop (second cross bar)

525 fourth drop (second black dot)

Altitude has a big effect of course. But they are .75 mil drops. Turrets are 1.5 cm clicks.

Swarovski's online calc is very accurate:

http://ballisticprograms.swarovskioptik.com/BRT_us.html

What did you input for sight height over bore?

2.5 inches

Pat

Just got my z6i BRT. It came with a throw lever from Swarovski. It the installation instructions it specifically mentioned it was for 3-gun use. For those looking for a lever, I'm sure it could be purchased seperately.

Just got my z6i BRT. It came with a throw lever from Swarovski. It the installation instructions it specifically mentioned it was for 3-gun use. For those looking for a lever, I'm sure it could be purchased seperately.

i was wondering where you bought yours? i just got mine in last week and it did not come with a cat tail. let me know where you got yours and i will give them a call. thanx,

If you just got your Z6I BRT then call Swaro customer service and they will probably send you one free.

That was my luck.

a thousand thank yous. i gave them a call and it is on the way. really nice young former paratrooper working the desk.

:cheers:

If you just got your Z6I BRT then call Swaro customer service and they will probably send you one free.

That was my luck.

a thousand thank yous. i gave them a call and it is on the way. really nice young former paratrooper working the desk.

:cheers:

You are quite welcome.

IMG_20101121_232929.jpg

here a pic of the throw lever that came with my z6i BRT just in case anyones curious. i don't believe I would knowingly pay $105 for it, but it seems nice.

BTW anyone know which butler creek caps fit this thing. The bikini covers have to go.

Edited by Cap

• 5 months later...

I just created my own version of the BRT in power point so that I coudl add a little more info and make some to fit on my gun or wherever. I have attached a .pdf so you can see it. If you want the power point file send me a PM.

Jesse which mount are you using?

I just created my own version of the BRT in power point so that I coudl add a little more info and make some to fit on my gun or wherever. I have attached a .pdf so you can see it. If you want the power point file send me a PM.

LaRue SPR-E LT-139. The eye relief is very forgiving. If you don't shoot nose to charging handle the standard LT104 will work fine.

LaRue SPR-E LT-139. The eye relief is very forgiving. If you don't shoot nose to charging handle the standard LT104 will work fine.

Thanks. The scope is on it's way to me now. So I will order the mount tonight.

• 7 months later...

All you guys that use ~100 yard zeros.to get the first hold-over on at about ~300 yards... what is your hold reference for 200 yards?

I zero the first hash down from the center cross hair at 300. I am then about 1.5" high at 100 with the cross hairs. Very close to that at 200 as well. I am much more concerned with being dead nutz on at the harder 300 yard shot than a 100 or 200 yard shot. I like holding dead center on the target with that 300 yard hash rather than having to favor the top or bottom of the target. It's much easier to hold an inch high on a 100 yard target than a 300 yard target.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Sorry if I am being too dense, but where are you guys seeing the ballistics calculator for the BRT reticule on the Swarovski website? I see options for BRX, BR-I, TDS...

Also, somewhere on that page it had links so you could download the program to have local, but the links were broken. Anyone have that program?

Thanks.

Sorry if I am being too dense, but where are you guys seeing the ballistics calculator for the BRT reticule on the Swarovski website? I see options for BRX, BR-I, TDS...

Also, somewhere on that page it had links so you could download the program to have local, but the links were broken. Anyone have that program?

Thanks.

I use the iPhone App. But I actually use the Ballistic FTE IPhone app the most.