Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Got The Open Gun Blues

Hey QuicksDraw!

Yea, like I gots to have an open gun! Now man, I mean right now today man!

Yea I read the damn posts, all of them... I know to buy from the dealer, eh, I mean gunsmith near you.

I'm outside Philly so I called George at EGW, he's hooked me up before and he has the good stuff. Yea, I'll call George. Damn, a year wait! O.K., O.k, that's cool, that's cool, get on the waiting list.

But what about right now! I've got to shoot me some open. An SV Open Masterpiece pistol would sooth this jones, yea boy,that would do the trick. I need to smell that burnt powder man.

I know Speed Shooter has one on the shelf but it's blue. You gotta use the stainless man, it's clean, you don't want to catch the Glock. You know?

Listen man, do YOU know where I can find a stainless SV Open Masterpiece pistol on the shelf right now? I want to buy it tomorrow!

[Dr. Smith Voice On]

Oh The Pain!

[Dr. Smith Voice Off]

If all you can find is blue, you can always send it off to hard chrome. Right? You'll need some time to rebuild the mags you already have for the open gun anyway, then there's that blasted 10 day wait, then the Dillon caliber conversion, brass, bullets, and load work.

If it makes you feel any better I have the open gun blues too. To make things worse I'm in Calibanafornia so there are no "off the shelf" options for me. So I'm actually jealous of you.

People are being really "nice" and letting me try their open guns. It just makes it worse.

L2S, thanks for the pictures man, but you're not helping us.

I'm shaking in withdrawl right now just thinking about it. I better stop before I start foaming at the mouth over here ...

This is probably anathema here, since it is not a custom built gun, but the wait on a STI short open gun, the Stinger, is 8 to 10 weeks (I called STI) with a price tag of about $2,500 (per my local dealer who loves me).

I'm thinking about adding one to the other stuff in the second safe. Per STI, pictures on the web site will be up after the Shot show in Feb.

The combined thought power on this board is awsome. I feel sorry for all the shooters out there who don't know about it. Their rise in shooting skill and knoledge will be much slower than the regular members here.

PistolPete-

You are the man. John had exactly what I wanted. Thank You. ;)

I will call it, "my precious..........." :unsure:

Short-Round, Eric-

[Evil Nasty Grin ON]

She's MY precious, mine mine mine.. not yours

Yes... she's so beautiful...my precious

don't even think about my precious

All mine......................my precious...yes <_<

[Evil Nasty Grin OFF]

I hope my holster retains well as I have an urge to walk on all fours :blink: