Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loading the last of my Wolf Primers.

JimmyZip

I was less than overly impressed with the last few batches of them. I bought them on spec because there were few if any to be had at the time.

I prefer, by far CCI SPP primers. I think they are an excellent product by comparison to the Wolf. They never seem to have feeding problems in my loader, and I have yet to have one fail to go bang.

I didn't have many misfires with the wolf either. I can't remember how many, but there weren't many. But I have yet to have one with the CCIs and I have now loaded tens of thousands more with them rather than the Wolf, so you be the judge.

The last 400 went to practice ammo today. I am in the middle of a loading maratthon right now. I'm trying to get all my bullets and brass that I have loaded by the end of the week. I plan on really doing as much livefire and matches this fall as I can. I think by the end of the week, I should be able to order more, and not really worry about when they show up.

With all the CCI primers I have now, the good supply of free brass, and the bullets I have on hand well that shouldn't be a problem.

JZ

I just finished loading the last of 10k wolf primers. I never had a problem but I feel better getting into my Winchester stash. Now if I only knew somebody who wanted to trade some Winchesters for the 5k Federals I have on the shelf.

Wolf primers seem to be the only ones that are regularly available. I loaded a few thousand CCI SR primers, no issues other than occasionally sticking a little in the primer pickup tubes. When I can find Federal or Winchester primers I'll use those exclusively.