Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage: Swinger's Haven - 32rd Long - 14 Metric, 4 PP

spanky

Seated in chair with handgun loaded and holstered. Hands touching the top of the shooter's head.

Upon signal engage targets as visible from within fault lines.

Stomp box 1 activates T1, stomp box 2 activates T14.

As an option, these can be run with drop turners, clamshells, etc etc.

jat3s21prkphntlhnyx8.png

The way I am seeing it is not illegal, you don't have to take all of those targets trough the door, but you do have that option, options is what I like to have in all of my COF's. I like this one Spank. Do you mind if I use it at one of my matches? As far a shoot throughs, on paper sure, on match day you can tweak the stage a bit and get rid of any shoot throughs.

looks like fun but I prefer the stomp boxes to be inside the fault lines if possible so you don't have to step back after activating them.

also need to watch that the swingers cannot be shot from the right and left ports either hidden well or in the stage briefing that they must be activated before engaging

Mike

Illegal, too many required shots from the door.

Shoot throughs with two left and two right double targets with N/S and the double targets to far left and right shot from the door.

The way it sits, only two target engagements are required through the door, the ones with hardcover. Steel can be taken from the outside, The doubles with the no shoots are clear of T4-5 and T10-11 but if it's close, T2-3 and T12-13 could simply be moved back a tad. The intent is to allow them to engage T3 and T12 through the door but have to go to the port to hit 2 and 13. There are quite a few targets that are able to be engaged from multiple locations (that's the idea) but I do appreciate the insight. It's still a learning process for me which is why i post them here, to get other viewpoints.

I can see why you would thin kthat though, i"ve considered drawing lines to show places where certain questionable targets can be engaged to point out the different engagement points.

The way I am seeing it is not illegal, you don't have to take all of those targets trough the door, but you do have that option, options is what I like to have in all of my COF's. I like this one Spank. Do you mind if I use it at one of my matches? As far a shoot throughs, on paper sure, on match day you can tweak the stage a bit and get rid of any shoot throughs.

Correct. No, I don't mind at all. Just get me a vid or two so I can see how it works. ;)

The way I am seeing it is not illegal, you don't have to take all of those targets trough the door

Yep, see it now. Didn't see the fault lines and openings to the R and L of the door.

Yeah, it's hard to see with a straight on view, I could take one at an angle that points it out better.

looks like fun but I prefer the stomp boxes to be inside the fault lines if possible so you don't have to step back after activating them.

also need to watch that the swingers cannot be shot from the right and left ports either hidden well or in the stage briefing that they must be activated before engaging

Mike

That's part of the fun, making the shooters think on the move (at least, in my opinion).

I'd either block the swingers or move them back up-range a bit so they can't be engaged there. Good point.

Edited by spanky

Stage looks fun...

You might want to replace the no-shoot that is in front of the poppers with a different type of vision barrier. (shoot through to steel = re-shoot) Something I would probably do... put a target to the outside of each swinger to give the the shooter something to engage while waiting on the swinger. You managed to get seven shooting positions, good job.

I intend to have one or both of t2t3 and t12t13 visible from each side of the outer walls or also from The openings to the left or right on the door. Good point on the no shoot. I wanted to give Shooters the option of shooting around it but i may put a small wall or barrels.

Me likee! If you really wanted to be evil you could activate the swingers with two of the central poppers. I love to see a squad scurrying about like spasmastic hamsters! :devil::devil::devil:

Edited by XD Niner

• 2 weeks later...

I would pull the swingers back towards the activators more, it looks as if you could skip the activators and shoot them from the opening on either side. But if you pull them back closer to the activators to shoot them from the far ports would be a 180 violation.

I would pull the swingers back towards the activators more, it looks as if you could skip the activators and shoot them from the opening on either side. But if you pull them back closer to the activators to shoot them from the far ports would be a 180 violation.

That's how it would lay out, the angle just didn't translate well in the drawing (or I didn't move 'em enough.) :roflol:

• 1 month later...

Spanky,

Sometimes I wish you didn't design stages at matches that I shoot. I get all confused just thinking about shooting most of your stages, much less doing it with a gun in my hand.

As I have heard many times, "You have one twisted mind!"

Spanky,

Sometimes I wish you didn't design stages at matches that I shoot. I get all confused just thinking about shooting most of your stages, much less doing it with a gun in my hand.

As I have heard many times, "You have one twisted mind!"

Thanks. :cheers::roflol:

We are going to shoot this one in September but I'm going to have ot change it up a bit since i found out we only have one stomp box at EAPS.