Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BE out for a week

benos

Some of what we did...

Stayed at the famous Hotel Chelsea. Comedy show, 2 Broadway shows (which were both absolutely awesome in their own way), Metropolitan Museum of Art (mind blowing), Central Park, Staten Island / Ferry, Rockefeller Tower rooftop and NBC tour (way more interesting than I thought it would be), LOTS of good food and Times Square of course (multiple times in the course of walking EVERYWHERE). Dive bar drinking from midnight to 4, and LOTS of good ol' walking.

Came back to one hard day of work, and then a 3 day weekend.

Good times.

:)

BE

Cool-the Chelsea. Everybody always wants to see the Sid Vicious room. But lots of cool people overshadow that loser-Dylan Thomas, Bob Dylan, Andy Warhol, Patti Smith, and now- Brian Enos. That is way cooler than they know in NYC. You are a true subversive in the best way possible. Have a great 4th!

Edited by Jadeslade

Cool-the Chelsea. I lived there a while.

Cool deal.

A couple good friends (that have now returned to Tempe) lived there from June 2000 to October 2001, Joe Meyers (crazy-creative musician) and Casebeer (indescribably super-creatively talented artist -she designed my site's logos). They even produced an album (CD) to document their experience, written and recorded at the Hotel Chelsea. Rereading what they wrote in the CD's packaging gave me the chills.

Phoenix New Times article on their album:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2004-07-22/music/joe-myers

Hotel Chelsea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Chelsea

be

I love music recommendations-I bought Rode the Elevator with Jesus by Joe Myers.(On iTunes) Nice style. Very good and very well done. Maybe I can try to catch him in Phoenix, but I've just been blowing in to town to shoot at Rio and go home. Thanks. The Chelsea was in the middle of my work area and was kind of the place to be-rough crowd at the time. I think it is probably nicer now, maybe. The walls really do talk. Kind of a romantic place. Ciao.