Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SSR Legal Speedloader Holders

Jeepster1

I have one of those Safariland speed loader holders that holds three speed loaders. Works great with the Safariland 2 and 3 loaders. The Rule Book says the entire body of the speed loader must be enclosed by the holder. Is this holder IDPA legal, as it does not cover the entire loader body? Thanks for replies.

I have one of those Safariland speed loader holders that holds three speed loaders. Works great with the Safariland 2 and 3 loaders. The Rule Book says the entire body of the speed loader must be enclosed by the holder. Is this holder IDPA legal, as it does not cover the entire loader body? Thanks for replies.

Sounds like you have a 333- speedloader pouch and that's not legal.

Page 38 of the rule book covers that.

D. Either be of open top configuration that covers at least 60%

of the diameter and100% of the cartridge height and retains the

moon clip by tension and a stud that protrudes through the

center of the clip, or retain the moon clip with a snap or Velcro

closure.

Sounds like you have a 333- speedloader pouch and that's not legal.

Page 38 of the rule book covers that.

D. Either be of open top configuration that covers at least 60%

of the diameter and100% of the cartridge height and retains the

moon clip by tension and a stud that protrudes through the

center of the clip, or retain the moon clip with a snap or Velcro

closure.

You guys have the right idea, but are quoting the wrong rules.

The topic at hand is speedloader holders for SSR, not moonclip holders for ESR.

The correct rule quotation is:

D. Either be of open top configuration that holds the

speedloader in by tension and covers the full diameter and

body of the speedloader or retain the speedloader with a snap

or Velcro closure.

If you already own the Safariland 333 holder (which works very, very well), a 2" X 6" piece of thin kydex,(3) self tapping sheet metal screws and 2 minutes with a hair drier are all that stand between you and compliance with the current SSR loader holder rules.

Craig

Edited by Bones

If you already own the Safariland 333 holder (which works very, very well), a 2" X 6" piece of thin kydex,(3) self tapping sheet metal screws and 2 minutes with a hair drier are all that stand between you and compliance with the current SSR loader holder rules.

Craig

except that the 333 speedloader pouch holds 3 speedloaders and not the requite 2 + 1.

except that the 333 speedloader pouch holds 3 speedloaders and not the requite 2 + 1.

It would still work if worn behind the center line or I have seen some who cut the 333 into 2 pieces for a 2 + 1 arrangement.

It would still work if worn behind the center line or I have seen some who cut the 333 into 2 pieces for a 2 + 1 arrangement.

That would be true for the weak side.

The new rules addendum state the third one must go on the weak side. I've always worn two in front of the gun and one behind the gun all on the weapon side. I'm not liking the way the wrote it out.

The new rules addendum state the third one must go on the weak side. I've always worn two in front of the gun and one behind the gun all on the weapon side. I'm not liking the way the wrote it out.

What rules addendum? The rulebook says "Two full speedloaders/moon clips may be worn directly in front of the holster and they must be positioned as close to the

holster as possible. One additional may be worn behind the centerline on either the right or left side for a total of three speedloaders/full moon clips on the belt."

There is no rule change.

2. The speed loaders in front of the holster must be

within 1 inch of each other and the one nearest the

holster must be within one inch of the holster. If the

competitor chooses, he/she may wear one to three

speed loaders/moon clip holders behind the centerline

on the weak side for a total of three on the belt.

3. Competitors may mix carry methods (one in a pocket

and one on the belt) but they must use the same method

of carry for the entire match. Changing their carry

method to fit the CoF will result in a FTDR.

4. The shooter may carry no more than two spare

magazines or three speedloader/moon clips on the belt.

Kydex bends left and right.

There is no size limit on the holder, only its position the number of loaders that can be carried.

Think outside of the holster, Dude.

Craig

Check with HQ. This did not change the ability to put one behind the holster on the strong side