Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10mm Witness HUNTER w/STS

ohdsmith

Winchester 10mm AUTO 175gr SilverTip HP 1250fps; 649'/# :devil:

My NEW EAA w/S.African RHT Mount and C-More STS at the BLACK WING SHOOTING CENTER. This my 1st 10Round Clip (after a 2 shot STS sight in.) It was FREE HAND; SLOW FIRE @ 75' :roflol:

NOW I NEED A Hip HOLSTER for this RIG :unsure:

post-24735-127636686479_thumb.jpg

post-24735-127636694816_thumb.jpg

Edited by ohdsmith

Methinks you might want to sight it in a bit more.....

Cool looking gun though!

ITS NOT THE GUN-----ITS THE SHOOTER B) But then again I could have used a rest and shot a 2" group of 10 :goof:

That may be true... I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt! :cheers:

Got it, Got it, Got it, Got it, Got it, Got it, Got it, Got it, Got it,

Got it a 100 times, :wub:

Nice you go hog hunting I will light the BBQ. Holy cow, are we going to do this is my rifle and this is my gun and this one is for fun?

That is impressive for your first 10 rounds thru the gun, I mean pistol aka weapon.

Got it a 100 times, :wub:

Great respone, LOL. Don't take it personally. We like to give a little ribbing now and then :roflol:

FLyin

Edited by Flyin40

NOW I NEED A Hip HOLSTER for this RIG :unsure:

When you find one, let us know. I can only find a "universal", that doesn't allow the red dot.

I have eMailed with fist98@aol.com and have agreed to provide them with a shaped wood block for leather casting of the 6" Witness Hunter w/ STS.. I am looking for a Open top hip holster, for my Military web belt & suspender rig. ;)

This is my status on how to get a holster for my 6" Witness Hunter w/STS

fist98@aol.com advised that I could send them my pistol...Ouch not a good idea :unsure:

I asked if I could provide a pistol mold for making the holster...They agreed.. :cheers:

OK: That being done...its time to design a holster.. NO, I am not going postal... :D

SEE MY NEW POSTING: :surprise:

"CANT FIND ONE - THEN MAKE ONE"

post-24735-127742775433_thumb.jpg

post-24735-127742781521_thumb.jpg

post-24735-127748506228_thumb.jpg

Edited by ohdsmith

• 4 weeks later...

did you have any problems with the RHT mount screws sticking in too far. Mine appears to be contacting the front bottom part of the slide. Ie: I guess I need to shorten the screws,.cut the inside of the slide for clearance,..or get shorter screws....?

did you have any problems with the RHT mount screws sticking in too far. Mine appears to be contacting the front bottom part of the slide. Ie: I guess I need to shorten the screws,.cut the inside of the slide for clearance,..or get shorter screws....?

I USED TO THINK THAT PUTTING A SCREW INTO A HOLE WAS SIMPLE :rolleyes:

NOT TRUE :blush: and I HAD ONLY 4 TO PUT INTO PLACE....

THIS PROCESS CAN RUIN A GUN, IF NOT DONE PROPERLY :sick:

1st> The thread size; count; depth may or may not match the pistol tap...

(It would be nice to be able to assume the supplier would provide a screw that would in fact fit) :goof:

2nd> Forcing any of the 4 mis-aligned screws home can warp the bridge...and leave a gap between the bridge and pistol :ph34r: (ALL 4 need to be torqued down evenly)

3rd> Forcing the screw (because you think its JUST a tight fit) can cross thread mis-matched international sizing... :goof:

IF THE SCREW AND PISTOL TAP are a match THEN proceed to align ALL 4 screws TO THE SAME DEPTH before tightening down the bridge... :bow:

LENGTH: My RHT screws were maybe 1/32 too short, and I advised RHT Engineers of that fact. I then used my STS C-More screws which matched the EAA tap BETTER.. :roflol:

TO SAY THAT THIS INDUSTRY IS NOW UNDER-ENGINEERED, IS TO BE TOO KIND :sight:

Edited by ohdsmith

(It would be nice to be able to assume the supplier would provide a screw that would in fact fit) :goof:

2nd> Forcing any of the 4 mis-aligned screws home can warp the bridge...and leave a gap between the bridge and pistol :ph34r: (ALL 4 need to be torqued down evenly)

3rd> Forcing the screw (because you think its a tight fit) can cross thread mis-matched international sizing... :goof:

IF THE SCREW AND PISTOL TAP are a match THEN proceed to align ALL 4 screws TO THE SAME DEPTH before tightening down the bridge... :bow:

LENGTH: My RHT screws were maybe 1/32 too short, and I advised RHT Engineers of that fact. I then used my STS C-More screws which matched the tap.. :roflol:

my RHT screws are 1/32 too long for the mount to frame,....won't allow slide to cycle. I am going to trim them with a dremel

3rd> Forcing the screw (because you think its a tight fit) can cross thread mis-matched international sizing... :goof:

LENGTH: My RHT screws were maybe 1/32 too short, and I advised RHT Engineers of that fact. I then used my STS C-More screws which matched the tap.. :roflol:

my RHT screws are 1/32 too long for the mount to frame,....won't allow slide to cycle. I am going to trim them with a dremel

LENGTH: My RHT screws were maybe 1/32 too short, and I advised RHT Engineers of that fact. I then used my STS C-More screws which matched the EAA tap BETTER