Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Space City Challenge 2004

• 2 weeks later...

come out guys - not too many matches between florida open and the summer majors.

not sure if they updated or anything

try www.texassouthsection.com

im hopin for a better match than the last 2 yrs

2003: only 6 stages (but high round count)

2002: 7 stages, but 2 stages on one bay ... avg round count

this year...

7 stages 7 bays - high round count... and hopefully rain doesn't become a pain like it usually does in houston (same goes for humidity <_< ) and maybe more shooters?

this match has usually been one of my favorites - and hopefully we can attract more gm's? i think last year we had 1 or 2

What is this match like? Is this a hoser match or does it have a mix? How far is the farthest target on average? Trophy or prize match? Any side matches? Does it run on time? Any Texas stars or other gadget props? Hotels near the range?

Trying to decide if it is worth the drive from Kansas. :wacko:

1. fun match

2. hoser/strategy mix

3. last year we had 0 standards - farthest target maybe 20 yards?

4. trophy match/ cash prizes

5. no side matches

6. runs on time

7. no texas star last year... but the area is infamous for it

8. yes hotels near the range

click on the texassouthsection page - theres all the info ull need

Last years match was just awesome. Only 6 stages, but 6 really well put togehter stages. One stage last year had an elaborate popper set-up where you had to engage certain poppers in order to expose other poppers that were behind hardcover. Hotels are close by. I probably had more fun at this match than any of the area or state matches that I went to last year even though I kept screwing up mag changes and couldn't hit all that moving steel ;) . Last years prize raffle was pretty awesome as well. A Briley shotgun and several other guns were given away. The people there are great too. My only regret is that I won't be able to make it this year. :(

My big prediction is that Lee will beat out Travis this year for the overall win. :) Since I live about 5 minutes from the range where this is held and that is where I practice I suppose I will have to go. :D Plus i saw the preliminary stage diagrams the other day so I have 3 months to set them up in practice. JK!!!

Jeeper

If you don't post the diagrams on this site, you don't have a hair on your, well, you know...

They were preliminary but I bet I can get the real ones before the match if you ask nicely. :P Of course that might take away any advantage I might have. :D I actually ony saw 4 of the 7 but I know they are going to be changed. Maybe as it gets closer they will be more finalized.

I RO'ed stage 6. The poppers that you had to move around to get each one. It was a tough stage. I think I'll shoot it again this year. Maybe I'll finally get out of C class. I'm thinking about shooting it in open division.

It's only a couple of hours from Victoria so it's hard to pass up. We usually hit the clubs while were in town.

After the way Lee D. shot the last qualifier match at Greenwood, I think he'll win it all this year. He made everybody look bad.

Mike

There's a GM that I get to shoot with regularly at the Waco club match that will be in attendance this year. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he won HOA at the Make-A-Wish last year, and he's shooting in the super-squad at the FL Open in a couple of weeks.

For those of you shooting Open...the pool is getting deeper.

Should be great for the match!

honestly i have NO idea... but last year they posted them a few weeks before the match... so im thinking they'll be up on the texas south section page sometime in march, hehe

expect challenging stages (like stage 6 of last yrs match :blink: ) - thats all i can say, but jeeper probably knows more than i do

• 3 weeks later...

Space City Stages are POSTED

all run and gun stagse - VERY NICE PROPS - looks like its gonna be a GREAT match- cya guys next month :D

www.texassouthsection.com

scroll all the way to the bottom and click on texas w/ blinking star (they always do it secretly)

eee.. some of it looks a little silly and/or mildly excessive (three cooper tunnels, vision barriers on War Wagon, dragging the horse through the entire Pony Express stage), plus considerable use of NS as vision barriers (Vince'd love it!) but I bet it'll be fun. Sooner or later I'm going to get tired of repeats of the 'Minigun Broke' stage from TX Open 2002, but it'll probably take another couple of times.

We'll see what it all looks like once they set it up.

I'll be there.