Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which 1-4x scope

Chris Spiess

Yes, I've done a search and done some poking around already. I'm trying to decide on a low cost 1-4x tactical scope for my AR. If money were no object I'd probably throw a Valdada or US Optics and be done with it, but it is. A Burris or a Vortex is more in line with my budget. Thoughts on selecting between these two, or possibly other options in the $500-$600 range.

The Vortex is a true 1x. Vortex is good choice. Trijicon is still the standard-the TR24. You can sometimes find them in that price range on eBay or here, used, when shooters move to open or 1-6x or the really high end scopes. The Crossfire 1.5-4x Vortex is an astounding value at $99. It is not illuminated and does not

have bells and whistles. It has a simple crosshair. Excellent quality. Vasili Zaitsev would have given two weeks of food for this scope!

I have seen (and have ) a few 1-4 scopes but on the low budget end nothing beats the Konus Pro 1-4 with 30mm tube.

The newest model i mean ,with normal turrets.

The illumination is not vissible during daylight but indoors good useable ,but its very good and clear and its not so picky on the head position.

Eye relief is also good and i think they are selling in the states for 280 dollar ,i sell them in the netherlands for 200 euro.

Its not a Meopta but it beats the Millet by far

post-1530-127583172586_thumb.jpg

i have a burris XTR and love it. Showed it a shooting buddy of mine and he ordered one the next day. horseshoe reticle is easy to pick up quickly on target transistions. the only "down" side is the illumination reticle isnt daylight visible on a light background (not that you need it anyway-actually it throws you off with it on). darker targets and obviously low light conditions its fantastic!

I am in still of search of the perfect 3 gun scope I have had a accupoint and a meopta K-dot and the K-dot being the best for me , but I have just reacently got rid of it, I have just saw a scope that is interesting it is a Leatherwood Hi-Lux CMR 1x4 and best of all I think it sells for around $300