Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger Rimfire Northcentral Regional Match -- July 31st

I just wanted to thank Tim and the staff again for the match. I think everyone had a great time. The prize table was amazing! :cheers:

It was a lot harder than "steel challenge with a rifle", think a 9 shot stage with a 10 round mag and try to shoot it fast leaning around a plastic barrel. (Did I mention a 22 sounds different rolling around the inside of that da&%* barerel!) Stage 1 had a 2/3rd IPSC targets at 64 yards. Stage 2 had 7 targets out to 30 yards and a 7" option plate at 100 yardes. Stage 5 used 2 colt speed plates and 2 pepper poppers at 50 yards and an 8 inch stop plate.

I have not seen the final times, I know I won open and Dewight Sterns was 2nd. We think about 1 second differance. Winning time was about 131 seconds.

I am looking forward to the next one Tim!! I will help out as a sponsor again next year!:cheers:

Tom

Yeah it was a blast!!! Top notch crew of guys there. Weather was hot, but you surely can't complain about that in Minnesota.

Tom is right about the prize table, I finished 7th and had plenty of options at some great stuff. Hope there are more of these matches in the future! Thanks again Tim!

Edited by caz41

I'll tell you this......I believe that I have the greatest guys in the world for set up and running a match. How they put up with me for almost 20 years is still a mystery. It is my honor to have friends like that! They did great!!

We hope to have pictures and results up on the nordic website very soon. In the meantime.....I can put up this XL document for the results:

ruger rimfire MN State RF Rifle Championship.doc

And Tom.....thank you for steel!! It was assume!! Really made that stage.

Tim

Thanks to everybody involved! An entire day of shooting and I think I spent about two dollars on ammo. ;)

Tom is correct. It's a little different when you are limited to 10 rounds in the magazines and are shooting stages with up to 9 plates. There were definate times I should have been stepping on the gas more and wasn't. And a couple of times I did and shouldn't have. :rolleyes:

Already looking forward to next years. Especially if you do some weeknight shoots down at Hutch.

I'm also rethinking my handgun choices and optics.

Ohhhh....you can plan on another match next year. Already working on that one.

You can figure that next year will be a 2 day match, with both rifle and pistol stages (some being rifle/pistol combo). Probably 12 to 14 stages and 400+ round count.

Yep.....a 9 round stage thats very close range is deceivingly simple......till the buzzer goes off. It's amazing how those 8" circles and a full size IPSC target can be totally missed at 15 yards when you pour on the gas, yet....5 "C" plates at 70 yards can be hit every time.

But Keith......you know exactly what type of course designer I am.....you should have known. :surprise:

Tim

Tom you and your crew put on a great match! Will travel back up from Iowa for the next match. :cheers:

Just to be clear, this was Tim's show. I was a sponsor and helped a little with setup.

Tom

Thanks for pointing out my typing error, Tim was to have been first word. Still getting spooled back up after the traveling this past weekend.

I also would like to thank the sponsors!

Tom I bounced a couple of rounds off those barrels trying to hit the plates you brought. Need to remember pull trigger then move. :roflol: