Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M1-A scope mount

John Z Sr

I know a long time ago, I saw an ad for a true US Property type scope mount for the M1-A rifle. I recall it to be in the $225.00-$250.00 range. Anyone know where these can be found and are they the best? I've read alot of problems with different mounts coming loose after only a few rounds. Any help or suggestions would be welcome, thanks

SA has a NEW all steel M1A mount out now. I have one and it seems much better than the old mounts. I haven't mounted it yet but it has a screw at the front of the mount to help stabilize it. I think they said these retail for $260.

I have a 3rd Gen Springfield Mount. It has 2 screws, one into the receiver, the other into a replacement clip guide. My mount never had a problem shooting loose, but was so HIGH that I had to rest my chin on the comb of the stock to get proper eye alignment. I did not use it very long. Unless Springfield has addressed the height of their mount, I would not recommend it.

Update on the Bassett machine mount I have come to recommend.

On one of my M1A's I had to re-torque the bolt 4 times before it stayed tight for

good.

Please follow the instructions and only use the wrench provided OR

an Inch Pound torque wrench (the spec. is 22 in lbs)

Basset machine has introduced (first quarter this year) a Low Mount version.

I am not a fan of scoping the M1A but if you must I think you will like this mount.

Patrick

I have a Sadlak Industries LLC mount on my M1-A. It was installed per thier instructions and has been on the rifle for 500 + rounds without a problem. The rear of this mount is attached to a block in the stripper clip dovetail.

I know a long time ago, I saw an ad for a true US Property type scope mount for the M1-A rifle. I recall it to be in the $225.00-$250.00 range. Anyone know where these can be found and are they the best? I've read alot of problems with different mounts coming loose after only a few rounds. Any help or suggestions would be welcome, thanks

Sadlak Industries makes three different ones. i bought the all steel one. $250. i think it is way better than Springfield Armory mount. look them up.

:cheers:

I have a GG&G mount that was a special run for the navy seals on my M1A at this time. I like it very much but would use a Basset machine mount know because they are made so they can be used on different receivers and will adjust.The Sadlack ones can be adjusted when they are made but you have to order a kit from them so that you can measure how your receiver is made. I also put a simple cheek piece on my stock made of kydex that can be raised and lowered for proper eye relief and good cheek weld.