Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 PHANTOM PROBLEMS NEED IDEAS

G34 CORDY

me and my buddy went to the range to try out his new phantom while i shot my glock 34, but he was having problems with his phantom that we could not figure out. when he tried to chamber a round the gun would not go into full battery all the time, and every so often when he would shoot it the gun would not go into battery? is this a problem with the mags? he tried 5 new cz mags.

Was he shooting factory ammmo or reloads? Sounds like the COL/OAL is too long? I have a Phantom and never ran into that problem unless the COL was too long. My CZ likes short OAL's.

Edited by The_Vigilante

if the extractor is being held too tight. the feeding round won't slip up under. it kind of looks like its stuck on the feed ramp or going into the barrel. but it is stuck on the bottom of the extractor.

also..was it all five mag??

yeah every five mags it did the same thing. it wasnt every round but it happened almost every mag. sometimes it would go through a whole mag sometimes it would not. so if its the extractor how can he fix it

In my experience WWB is loaded looooong, and OAL is very inconsistent. Never had a problem in any of my Glocks, but a friend ran into problems using it in an aftermarket barrel in a different platform which prompted us to measure.

OAL is to long. CZs have short chambers. You can only load JHPs to less than 1.10. The chamber in my Shadow will only take FMJs at 1.16 max ( I measured it).

The upside is amazing accuracy( .5 inch 5 shot groups @ 15 yds) buts it an ammo sensitive SOB for sure. I use Montana Gold CMJs loaded to 1.135 - 1.14 and it runs like a sewing machine.