Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Formula 1

outerlimits

They already have a track in the US just outside of Salt Lake. Built to FIA spec by Larry Miller and designed by Alan Wilson. It was around 90 million by the time it was completed. I was involved in training their rescue and track safety personnel. I have a hard time believing that a construction project of that size can be completed in time for a race in 2012, although stranger things have happened.

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/

I've had my wife talked into seeing a F1 race in places like Monaco or Spa because she likes to travel. That why she's completely behind my wanting to go to the World Shoot in Greece. I don't think she going to be too hot on seeing a race in Texas. Nothing against Texas, just makes it harder for me to sell the trip to her.

So Butch, do want to split a room and should we book now?

I've had my wife talked into seeing a F1 race in places like Monaco or Spa because she likes to travel. That why she's completely behind my wanting to go to the World Shoot in Greece. I don't think she going to be too hot on seeing a race in Texas. Nothing against Texas, just makes it harder for me to sell the trip to her.

So Butch, do want to split a room and should we book now?

SPA-on my bucket list, right after Le Mans. austin is an awesome place-lots of places to eat and drink. so we take in the race and shoot a match while were at it. i'm in.

Who is going to pay Bernie his 30 millon? There must be more to the story.

Agreed . . .

"For the first time in the history of Formula One in the United States, a world-class facility will be purpose-built to host the event," Bernie Ecclestone said. "It was 30 years ago that the United States Grand Prix was last held on a purpose-built permanent road course circuit in Watkins Glen, which enjoyed great success."

I would really like to see it back at the Glen.

Edited by Mig

Remember, last year Donington Park agreed to a big deal and got it signed with Bernie. Then they could not get the track done or the money to do it. Now the English race is in Silverstone for 10 years. I'm with smokshwn, I don't think they can get it built that fast. On the other hand Abu Dahbi got it done in less than a year and a half. But they have more money than god.