2010 Mississippi 3-gun challenge

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks everybody for coming. :cheers:

I got home Sunday PM about 7:00 took a shower and hit the sack about 9:00 and slept until 9:30 Monday AM (and I'm an early riser). :closedeyes:

I hope all had fun and enjoyed our "Little-Big" Match. I apologize for no chow on Sunday, thinking most would just catch early dinner, late lunch ect. on the way home.

I would like to thank Nathan and Heidi for letting us use their range getting you ready for Ft. Benning. Many of you must not have looked at the rules and stayed confused over scoring and other stuff that is pretty much Ft. Benning only. (READ AND UNDERSTAND THE RULES NEXT TIME)

I also would like to thank all the range staff for their hard work, I know you earned your pay this weekend. ;)

I'd like to elaborate on just a few things.

Teirini was refunded her match money because Shooters Connection was not able to use thier slot and requested it go to a Junior.

Katie was refunded her match money because Springfield Armory did the same. The two of them did not know this and are not permanently sponsored by Sprinfield or Shooters Connection.

A question was asked about why no gun on the Tac-Irons table.

We had a gun for every table until Heavy Metal did not make the required 20 to keep the M1A on it. When that happened the M1a was randomly given to someone in the entire match. The pistol that was meant to go to the Tac-Irons table then went to HM because it was the 2nd largest division. IF HM would have had the 20 every division would have had a firearm. So blame it on the HM shooters for not calling up all thier buddies and getting more participation. The top prize on Tac-Irons was actually worth more than what the firearm designated to go there was. just for what it's worth.

Now to put together the Memphis Charity Challenge in 3 weeks ! :wacko::wacko:

Hopalong

Thanks everybody for coming. :cheers:

I got home Sunday PM about 7:00 took a shower and hit the sack about 9:00 and slept until 9:30 Monday AM (and I'm an early riser). :closedeyes:

I hope all had fun and enjoyed our "Little-Big" Match. I apologize for no chow on Sunday, thinking most would just catch early dinner, late lunch ect. on the way home.

I would like to thank Nathan and Heidi for letting us use their range getting you ready for Ft. Benning. Many of you must not have looked at the rules and stayed confused over scoring and other stuff that is pretty much Ft. Benning only. (READ AND UNDERSTAND THE RULES NEXT TIME)

I also would like to thank all the range staff for their hard work, I know you earned your pay this weekend. ;)

I'd like to elaborate on just a few things.

Teirini was refunded her match money because Shooters Connection was not able to use thier slot and requested it go to a Junior.

Katie was refunded her match money because Springfield Armory did the same. The two of them did not know this and are not permanently sponsored by Sprinfield or Shooters Connection.

A question was asked about why no gun on the Tac-Irons table.

We had a gun for every table until Heavy Metal did not make the required 20 to keep the M1A on it. When that happened the M1a was randomly given to someone in the entire match. The pistol that was meant to go to the Tac-Irons table then went to HM because it was the 2nd largest division. IF HM would have had the 20 every division would have had a firearm. So blame it on the HM shooters for not calling up all thier buddies and getting more participation. The top prize on Tac-Irons was actually worth more than what the firearm designated to go there was. just for what it's worth.

Now to put together the Memphis Charity Challenge in 3 weeks ! :wacko::wacko:

Hopalong

I the Memphis match a multi-gun, or a onsey-gun?

Many thanks to Sam, Chad, Linda, Nathan, Heidi, Kurt, Trapr, Allen, and everyone that worked so hard so we could play.

Thanks to all the great sponsors.

Squad 3 was great. What a ball, especially with the "little people" :sight::blink::cheers::roflol::surprise: Even though I shot terribly, I had a great time. I even learned a new way to screw up a shotgun reload. (Did you know you can stuff shotshells into a Super Nova mag tube BACKWARDS? Yes, that does jam up the works quite nicely :blink::angry:<_<:surprise: )

Congrats to all the winners. Some very good shooting out there.

• 2 weeks later...

All raffle tickets to the M1a are sold...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

now Tiffany is picking out a ticket.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

And the winner is........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Eddie Bobo, of Burnsville MS !!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Congrats to Eddie, thanks to all who tried.

Thanks to all who came and shot, I hope all enjoyed it. Good luck at Ft. Benning.

Hopalong

Congrats Eddie!

Sam, great match. Now we need to start working on that spring board for next year. :roflol:

Forget the springboard, wheels, ports, etc. I'm looking forward to moving targets across the water. Well, MAYBE through a port....beneath the surface....support side.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hop, i want to do this, but right now i will be on days. if i can not get out of it could i shoot the weekend before with the RO's?

also did ever get to open the box we left for you and Mrs Hop?

• 1 month later...