Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OK, dumb question time:

I keep thinking it was/is No. 42...

My memory fails me and I can't find it in the five books of his I happen to have... :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Oh, and yeh: I did an extensive search on this forum (because we discussed this a long time back) but no luck.

Sig,

You are right about the answer being 42, Just remember that "What is yellow and Dangerous.....Doesn't fit the answer", "What do uou get if you multiply six times seven?.....too literal, too factual", "How many roads must a man walk down?.....Frankie, baby, we are made!"

"Do you know how badly it dates us to know that answer..."
Well, then, that makes a LOT of us here 'dated'. It got discussed pretty heavily some time back. More than once. :D

Yes, I turned right to p. 154 (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe) and there was a reference there to "...six times seven..."

But what brought this all to mind was this: When I work at the Jail I check out a set of keys. Key sets have a tag with a number on them. Mine is "42" and it struck a chord yesterday that maybe that was, well, uh, the answer. Like, was I lucky or what??!! :devil: Heh.

I found the references and quotes on Pages 203 and 204 of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It was the discussion between Frankie and Benji mouse about what they were going to do to keep the public interested in the question ;)

Luck, I am not sure, sounds more like Synergy to me ;) I don't want to hear anyone claiming the age card on this, unless you are the original owner of a signed first edition :sight::devil:

Edited by Modoc

"I don't want to hear anyone claiming the age card on this, unless you are the original owner of a signed first edition..."

Nope, I'm not THAT lucky.

I'm just surprised I didn't connect with the "synergy" earlier. I've been picking up that key set for nearly three years.....

Something like that, but...

...they wanted to know the answer to "Life, The Universe & Everything", if I recall. And "42" was what the Great Computer ended up spitting out, of course. It's been a while since I read Adams' books. :rolleyes:

The "Hitch hiker" books are all neatly compiled into one volume. I just loaned my edition out to my best friend's 11yr old. Got to keep the young ones in the loop on such a brilliant work!