Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ANYONE ELSE SHOOTING ATLANTA ARMS 147 GRAIN 9MM

G34 CORDY

I bought my first case of the AAA 147s a couple months ago. I'm shooting an Infinity with the Schuemman AET barrel. Although I have not shot the pistol from a bench rest, it has been accurate enough during the 8 or so steel matches I shot with it.

I like it and will continue to buy it :cheers:

• 11 months later...

I'm getting away from AA&A now. I just can't tell what I'm getting when I order anymore. I was going through my ammo I have left over to shoot this summer. I have 147 loads from AA&A with Zero JHP, Zero FMJ, Montana Gold CMJ and the current bullet is a AA&A spec'd Berry Plated bullet. The Berry supposedly has a slightly thicker plating for AA&A. The Zero JHP and MG bullets shoot the same, the FMJ Zero shoots about 4 inches high and the Berry's are close but horribly innaccuate out of my G34. I would get about 3 rounds into 2 inches at 25 yards, which would be great but I was shooting 5 round groups. They were averaging closer to 8 inches with at least one or two fliers in every group.

I'll still keep using AA&A for my minor .45 and steel 9mm 115 JHP loads, but for now I'm gonna have to pass on the 147 gr stuff.

Can anyone confirm if AA&A is still using plated Berrys? I'm thinking about giving them a try, but I've never heard anything good about plated bullets.

I just got a box yesterday that was the 147gr FMJ. I believe they were the pre-owned brass variety. FWIW, I use Berry's quite a bit for reloading and have no complaints.

Earlier this month I chronoed the 147FMJ Atlanta Arms with once fired brass. The ammo was very consistent and made minor with no problem out of my Sig226. A bit off topic but the Federal 115FMJ that is carried by Walmart did not make minor out of my Sig.

What did it chrono at?? I have read that its about 139PF