Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Peltor Muffs lost at Larue Tactical match

I found a pair of black Peltors, I think tac 7s. They were left at my stage 4. I turned them into Linda at the stat shack. I didnt notice your name on them but I was pretty fried by then so could have missed it. Perhaps Fred Q might bring them to a cove 3gun assuming they were still at Cawthon.

Alan C.

I found a pair of black Peltors, I think tac 7s. They were left at my stage 4. I turned them into Linda at the stat shack. I didnt notice your name on them but I was pretty fried by then so could have missed it. Perhaps Fred Q might bring them to a cove 3gun assuming they were still at Cawthon.

Alan C.

Alan,

Mine were the standard grey model. Trying to narrow it down - the last place I definitely remember seeing / having them was on Stage 5. After an exhaustive search of my shooting kit, I totally forgot to check the "lost and found" after the match.

Doug

Doug,

As reported earlier, the only ear protection turned into stats were black (shiny black - not matte - no way to call it gray). We also had some knee protectors and a single pistol mag with a few bullets in it - sorry, I do not recall the caliber. I had to leave while prizes were still being claimed. I pointed out the "Lost & Found" items to the 2 LaRue Tactical employees who were standing guard at the doors.

I am not sure where these 3 items went after it was all done, but I am certain there was no gray hearing protection.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 LaRue Tactical 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

Ya Know DougY would only know they were Grey if some-one told him they were Grey He has Color neutral vision.

Like the time we gave him the Bright Pink shirt and told him it was green

Edited by AlamoShooter

Ya Know DougY would only know they were Grey if some-one told him they were Grey He has Color neutral vision.

Actually - I have the most problems with red/green; makes traffic lights interesting. Pink shirt - funny you mention that, my college roommate and ROTC buddy pulled the "pink shirt switch" on me at an ROTC detachment dining out many years ago when we were cadets.

Maybe this loss is a sign I need to try those new-fangled molded plugs - the type they pour directly into your ear to form. Will do a search to see how those are working out.

Actually - I have the most problems with red/green; makes traffic lights interesting. Pink shirt - funny you mention that, my college roommate and ROTC buddy pulled the "pink shirt switch" on me at an ROTC detachment dining out many years ago when we were cadets.

Maybe this loss is a sign I need to try those new-fangled molded plugs - the type they pour directly into your ear to form. Will do a search to see how those are working out.

I got a set,, for me and my Son at LaRue,,

Not Cheap,, but they work well, and are hard to get hung up on stuff,,

I had muffs pulled off on a stage, I spent toooo long finding them, and getting them back on my head, oh ya,,, then they had mud on them then,,,,too,,, I should have gotten style points,, on that stage,,

I know what you mean about losing a set while shooting a stage. I dove into a foxhole and my hat (on backwards) flipped them off and in front of me and almost out the front side of the foxhole. had to stop ground the rifle and put them back on then continue shooting the stage, Kinda sucked.

@ the Larue match, I used a set of ear plugs the Dawson sells. They work pretty well and I didn't have to worry about hitting the ear muffs on the tunnel or anything else. The rest of the time I used my electronic muff while walking around.