Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone else NOT drop their mags?

Will B. Droopy

Well, actually, I am pretty good at using my guns B)

What's pretty good anyway....doesn't mean much since it's all relative.

I was just being modest when I said I was "pretty good". To be far more precise, I am officially classified as "damn good". :cheers:

-Bill

Again, that's subjective....what is pretty damn good? I'm not all that great, but I'm going to beat anybody who doesn't drop their mags. R,

:lol::lol::lol::roflol:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill:

I was just being modest when I said I was "pretty good". To be far more precise, I am officially classified as "damn good". :cheers:

G-ManBart:

Again, that's subjective....what is pretty damn good? I'm not all that great, but I'm going to beat anybody who doesn't drop their mags. R,

Hmmm, I don't know how to make it less subjective. To put my skills another way: I rarely shoot myself in the foot during a draw, and I hit in the A and B zones mostly (even in the no-shoot targets), with some C's and an occasional D now-and-again. :blink:

But I agree that you could probably kick my behind in a USPSA shoot. :bow:

-Bill

Eeee gads, Flexmoney, that picture is downright scary! Maybe I wasn't meant to play in the dirt! :surprise:

But I think that definitely seals it: I got-a go Glock, 'cause I ain't doing that to my shiny polished aluminum and stainless PT-911! :blush:

-Bill

Yes, please do.

I don't want you out on the range getting that Taurus all over the nice dirt. roflol.gif

You did say you were officially classified...that's pretty objective. I'd be curious to see how high someone could get without dropping mags :)

I'll let you know when I get officially classified! I'm not a USPSA member yet, so my club can't send out my numbers. (The club would probably be too embarrassed at my scores to send them out anyway).

-Bill

Eeee gads, Flexmoney, that picture is downright scary! Maybe I wasn't meant to play in the dirt! :surprise:

But I think that definitely seals it: I got-a go Glock, 'cause I ain't doing that to my shiny polished aluminum and stainless PT-911! :blush:

-Bill

Yes, please do.

I don't want you out on the range getting that Taurus all over the nice dirt. roflol.gif

I've met your kind before, Flexmoney -- a Taurus bigot. :angry2:

But seriously, I've owned many a Colt, S&W, Beretta, and etc., but I'm really quite impressed with the 21st Century Taurus models (not so much with their 20th Century products).

People just don't give Taurus a chance, but I own two (a revolver and the semi), and they are both well crafted, finished, and very sturdy.

-Bill (A stinkin' Taurus lover)

Wait, we've elevated a Taurus into the "fine work of art" type category now? They're decent guns, but fine works of art? :surprise:

If I can drop a tuned, polished SV big stick (roughly $200) into the dirt and risk banging it up, or having it stepped on, I do not want to hear somebody complaining about dropping a $31 mag :blink:

Wait, we've elevated a Taurus into the "fine work of art" type category now? They're decent guns, but fine works of art? :surprise:

If I can drop a tuned, polished SV big stick (roughly $200) into the dirt and risk banging it up, or having it stepped on, I do not want to hear somebody complaining about dropping a $31 mag :blink:

Or of dropping said piece of art Taurus! :rolleyes:

I might add, it's a piece alright, but of what, I don't know! :roflol:

Edited by GrumpyOne

G-MANBART:

Wait, we've elevated a Taurus into the "fine work of art" type category now? They're decent guns, but fine works of art?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder:

__swsports_31769.jpg

-Bill

G-MANBART:

If I can drop a tuned, polished SV big stick (roughly $200) into the dirt and risk banging it up, or having it stepped on, I do not want to hear somebody complaining about dropping a $31 mag.

Wow, methinks I'm too cheap for this sport!!

-Bill

GRUMPYONE:

Or of dropping said piece of art Taurus!

I might add, it's a piece alright, but of what, I don't know!

You are grumpy!

-Bill

NINEFAN:

I threw my Bedell limited gun into a bucket at a 3-gun match today (pistol grounded in bucket they said!). Does that qualify as "abuse of a work of art"???

But why did you throw a perfectly good Bedell Limited into a bucket? And what was the bucket full of? (I'm relatively new to USPSA, so I'm unaware of this technique…)

-Bill

G-MANBART:

Wait, we've elevated a Taurus into the "fine work of art" type category now? They're decent guns, but fine works of art?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder:

__swsports_31769.jpg

-Bill

G-MANBART:

If I can drop a tuned, polished SV big stick (roughly $200) into the dirt and risk banging it up, or having it stepped on, I do not want to hear somebody complaining about dropping a $31 mag.

Wow, methinks I'm too cheap for this sport!!

-Bill

GRUMPYONE:

Or of dropping said piece of art Taurus!

I might add, it's a piece alright, but of what, I don't know!

You are grumpy!

-Bill

NINEFAN:

I threw my Bedell limited gun into a bucket at a 3-gun match today (pistol grounded in bucket they said!). Does that qualify as "abuse of a work of art"???

But why did you throw a perfectly good Bedell Limited into a bucket? And what was the bucket full of? (I'm relatively new to USPSA, so I'm unaware of this technique…)

-Bill

That's the best they could make the slide look? :surprise: Looks like cold rolled steel! :closedeyes: But, if you are worried about "mistreating" a gun, buy a Ruger and compete with it.

No offense, but with all that gold on it, it looks like a pimp gun....

Edited by GrumpyOne

So I've been told, but I guess I like "flashy", non-black guns. However, that taste in flash only goes to silver and gold, NOT purple, pink, orange, or anything else. Jkatz's purple gun is too much for me (I guess I'm WAY too conservative :closedeyes:).

Now Flexmoney's baby Glock "pimp gun" is much more my style.

Or how about:

tumblr_ktebc0ZR5J1qz8guyo1_400.jpg

OR:

32963x2.jpg

or my absolute favorite:

Tybaltgun.jpg

-Bill

So I've been told, but I guess I like "flashy", non-black guns. However, that taste in flash only goes to silver and gold, NOT purple, pink, orange, or anything else. Jkatz's purple gun is too much for me (I guess I'm WAY too conservative :closedeyes:).

Now Flexmoney's baby Glock "pimp gun" is much more my style.

-Bill

What gets me is that you carry that flashy piece on the street. Sticks out like a red head at a blonde convention! :blink: At least if you can't hit them with a bullet, you'll be able to blind them from the reflection of nearby street lights...

Edited by GrumpyOne

But I still don't see how I could ever need more than 15+1 unless, as I said, I was a LEO (or in Iraq): my main defense will continue to be good situational awareness, combined with a skilled 'sneaker defense'! :o

-Bill

Ever have a FTF? Jam? Hit the release in error? Carry a second mag. If, god forbid, you should find yourself in a situation, you might want to remember that what we all do is a GAME, only some of the targets move, those that do do so in a very predictable manner and most important, NONE OF THEM SHOOT BACK!

Jim

(Just for the record, I accessed this thread before all the "Pimp' gun pics. This reply was intended to reach the OP BEFORE the thread deteriorated or morphed into the Humor Forum)

Edited by Jim Norman