Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Noob from MN

Hello everyone. I was told by someone at Pine Island Practical Shooters that all the cool kids hang out here, and that I should join up. I just started shooting USPSA this month, and have only been shooting revolver since Feb. of this year. I'm a little upset with this sport and the choice of moving to revolver from my trusty 1911, because it's possibly the most addicting combination I have ever encountered. No........ seriously. I should already be in a support group or 12 step program. Lately it's been a really hard decision as to whether I should buy components or pay the mortgage. Unfortunately there are three or four leagues that meet on a weekly basis within a short drive of my location (SCAPSA, PIPS and OGC), so it doesn't make my dilemma any easier. I look forward to learning more about the sport, and getting better with a wheel gun. Bear with me though, I've been known to ask mountains of dumb questions. The good news is that eventually, I learn from them.

Welcome aboard! Yeah, you've stepped in it now by joining up here and getting into USPSA shooting. You will find only the best folks here who will try their damndest to answer any and all questions you ask. Lot's of great humor here also. Enjoy the ride. :cheers:

CYa,

Pat

Welcome. I also shoot mostly at Pine Island. I dont think you will find a better place to talk about "our" addiction, and how to cope with it then here, Great people. Hope to see you on the range. Dave

Welcome. I also shoot mostly at Pine Island. I dont think you will find a better place to talk about "our" addiction, and how to cope with it then here, Great people. Hope to see you on the range. Dave

I was at the match this past Wednesday, first real match for me, and a great learning experience. Tons of fun and some great people there, very helpful to a rank noob. It got a bit tricky to see the front sight at the last stage, but it just added an element of even more fun to the mix. Made me work for it.

Next time Im' at PIPS I will be the fat guy with the Packer hat and a revolver. Let me know who you are if you're there so I can say hi!