Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Current percent lower than high percent?

spanky

I know it happens in most scenarios where there are more than the minimal amount of classifiers and higher scores get bumped because they are not most recent 8, etc etc but in both my Ltd and L10 classifications, my "current pct" is lower than my "high" but in both cases I shot all 6 (and only 6) classifiers in the same classifier match.

the only reasonable thing that i can think of that would cause this is if the HHF of one or more classifiers was increased but the difference between my high and current percent is rather significant (7-8%)

keep in mind i don't shoot limited or L10 yet so it's not really of concern to me and obviously it didn't drop me down but i was just curious...

Classification link - http://www.uspsa.org/cgi-bin/db_lookup_class.cgi?number=FY64276

Edited by spankaveli

If you look at your scores and do the math, the high percentage is from the top 4 scores (init. class) I guess the computer arranges the in high to low % if more than 1 entered in one day, as they are not in classifier number seq. Should it be that way/ Not in my opinion you might end up in a higher class by maybe a half % or so depending on your numbers. I understand the 4 needed rule, to get people shooting. But when you shoot 6 in one day all six should be counted at the same time. Not the 4 highest figured and then the lower two thrown in to figure your initial classification. My advice is to not get to wrapped up in the system, just shoot at let the brass fall where it may. Hell, I have classifiers running from 17% to 83% and they ALL COUNT. So much for the F code.

Note; Further commentary on my part about the system will get this puppy shut down. Just shoot and have fun.

Right, but all 6 of mine for each Division are listed with Y codes just as they were last month so I believe there should have been no variation because all 6 were "in" last month and this.

Edited by spankaveli

Right, but all 6 of mine for each Division are listed with Y codes just as they were last month so I believe there should have been no variation because all 6 were "in" last month and this.

They are "Y" because you use the most recent 6 of 8. Since you don't have 8 yet they are all "Y".

They are "Y" because you use the most recent 6 of 8. Since you don't have 8 yet they are all "Y".

Correct.

All 6 (of 6 total) in each respective division were Y last month. All 6 (of 6 total) are Y this month.

So why the variation?

Let me reiterate that I don't care that it there is a variation. It didn't change the class for those divisions so it doesn't matter. I'm simply curious.

Edited by spankaveli

Got this from USPSA web;

Earning A Classification

To become classified, a member must have at least four valid scores from different classifier courses in a specific Division in the USPSA™ database. If more than four scores are in the database when the averages are calculated, the best four of the most recent six valid scores will be used. Any scores in excess of the most recent six valid scores are not used for the initial classification. Those scores over the most recent six may be used at the next monthly reclassification if they are within the most recent eight scores. Most of the scores will come from classifier courses set up by USPSA-affiliated clubs. The clubs are responsible for setting up these stages according to exact specifications and for administering them uniformly. They are part of the club's monthly match, are included in the calculation of the match results, and are submitted for national classification of the member.

Maybe that's the reason,I still have my opinions on it but it is what it is. You may want to shoot Sedro an e-mail for an exact answer.

The same thing happened to me. I shot a classifier match with 6 stages and got a percentage based on the top 4. This months update dropped the percentage by counting all six. Are you sure they were all Y last month?

The same thing happened to me. I shot a classifier match with 6 stages and got a percentage based on the top 4. This months update dropped the percentage by counting all six. Are you sure they were all Y last month?

Obviously not as sure as I was 10 minutes ago. :roflol:

i'm not worried about it. i borrowed a G35 from a friend that wasn't very glocky. :roflol:

if anything it'll fuel the "sandbagger" ribbing when i actually do shoot either of those divisions. :devil:

Edited by spankaveli

Is any classifier data archived anywhere? I guess I should have been printing stuff off every month and keeping track to help understand it a little better.