Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Sentry

Rolex

I have one. I bought it from Dave Dawson. Dave went through the gun and fine tuned it. It has had around 6,000 rounds thru it in 7 months(they have been my reloads). The guns has been flawless. Runs 100%. More accurate than I can shoot. Would highley recommend one.

22,000 rnds. The Sentinel is the "old" Sentry I believe. I freshened it up a hair last year with a new hammer/sear/disconnector and a Briley bushing. Short, long, semi wadcutter lead, jacketed, White Box, major minor,etc, etc. It runs them all at 100%. Never, ever had any sort of problems. I run a ISMI 12.5# recoil and a 17# main spring. Cannot say enough good about it. I think I paid $1,438.

post-11000-127378363148_thumb.jpg

Neil,

what mags are you using,and oal and what ammo?

Officers ACP, .45 ACP, 8-Round Magazine, SKU #:965-047-408

MG 230gr RN, 1.250" OAL, 3.8grs. straight Clays.

Edited by Neil E.

Shot a club match today with guy who has one. He said he had to send it back to get it to work right.. Didn't say what had to be done to it.. Is real happy with it now...

22,000 rnds. The Sentinel is the "old" Sentry I believe. I freshened it up a hair last year with a new hammer/sear/disconnector and a Briley bushing. Short, long, semi wadcutter lead, jacketed, White Box, major minor,etc, etc. It runs them all at 100%. Never, ever had any sort of problems. I run a ISMI 12.5# recoil and a 17# main spring. Cannot say enough good about it. I think I paid $1,438.

I believe that is right. My Sentinel is flawless, just runs and runs. Mine is a 45 and I also paid around $1450 including trigger work from Thunder Mountain in Benson AZ.

I believe that is right. My Sentinel is flawless, just runs and runs. Mine is a 45 and I also paid around $1450 including trigger work from Thunder Mountain in Benson AZ.

:cheers: Mine is in .40 and came stock from Shooter's Connection. CMC mags are my preference, but she runs with Wilson, Cobra, Mec-Gar, metalform, etc . Whatever I tried, they worked. I used .45 mags for a few months also. I use the 10mm mags now, but only load out to 1.16. If I were to buy another stock SS, it would be the Sentry. I certainly have been fortunate with mine and because of that would buy another in a heart beat.