Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 TN State USPSA Championship

WOW, I didn't know I could get around like that !!! :surprise::surprise::surprise:

Thanks for the complement Smitty, coming from you that really means a whole bunch. :cheers:

OUR squad kicked butt !!! If you wanted to paste or set steel you had to RUN to do so. <_<

Great shooting and Great People, couldn't of had a better weekend, that's for sure.

HOP

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great match..had lots of fun shooting with the guys on squad 10. Good to see some old friends and make some new ones.The Ros did a great job. The only complaint I have is lose the palm scoring system..it really slowed us down.

Jason

Great match..had lots of fun shooting with the guys on squad 10. Good to see some old friends and make some new ones.The Ros did a great job. The only complaint I have is lose the palm scoring system..it really slowed us down.

Jason

Obviously, you never have used the Palm system and seen what all it does. The match was running a couple of hours ahead of schedule and final scores were being posted within 30 minutes of the last shot fired on Sunday.

Any problems you might have seen would have been due to whoever was using the Palm probably made a mistake and wasn't familiar enough with it to correct it on the spot. Because of the limited number of RO's available to us, we didn't have a large number of Palm experience to spread around. Otherwise, most errors/corrections are made within a minute or two.

Any problems you might have seen would have been due to whoever was using the Palm probably made a mistake and wasn't familiar enough with it to correct it on the spot.

I think we had a grand total of one 2-3 minute delay on Stage 6 due to a palm error. Not too shabby for running 100 or so shooters through at roughly one every 3-4 minutes. We spent more time waiting for shooters to run through their "Make Ready" rituals than waiting on the Palm.

BB

I guess I am old tech . But when the battery went tits up on on stage seven and lost a shooters score resulting in a reshoot and the Ros switching to paper(writing the scores down on a scrap piece of paper ), entering the scores after the fact and one of our squad mates getting a delta on stage 5 and the Ros could not tell him which target he had the d hit on, I am not sold.. Day 2 was a little better our 1st stage on Sunday (stage 8 squad 10) spent 20 min trying to get it work after the first shooter(Me). I will stick with the no wiz bang method. :devil: If you think I have an ax to grind you are wrong, check with some of the guys on squad 10. I would recomend this match to everyone. Second year shooting it and will hopefuly make it three in a row.

Great match as I said before but a paper system as a back up would have been great.

Jason

P.s. I could not find the chrono stage. I walked around and no one could direct me. :sight:

I guess I am old tech . But when the battery went tits up on on stage seven and lost a shooters score resulting in a reshoot and the Ros switching to paper(writing the scores down on a scrap piece of paper ), entering the scores after the fact and one of our squad mates getting a delta on stage 5 and the Ros could not tell him which target he had the d hit on, I am not sold.. Day 2 was a little better our 1st stage on Sunday (stage 8 squad 10) spent 20 min trying to get it work after the first shooter(Me). I will stick with the no wiz bang method. :devil: If you think I have an ax to grind you are wrong, check with some of the guys on squad 10. I would recomend this match to everyone. Second year shooting it and will hopefuly make it three in a row.

Great match as I said before but a paper system as a back up would have been great.

Jason

P.s. I could not find the chrono stage. I walked around and no one could direct me. :sight:

Didn't think anyone had an ax to grind.....just most complaints about the Palms comes from fear as opposed to something real. This issue Squad 10 kept having was that RO's were entering John's scores into Jonathan's (and vice versa) and that forced me to come over to "reshoot" the shooter in the Palm.....while some RO's simply over-wrote the existing score (and that is what caused many of the delays as that was the WRONG way to correct the problem). And then there was one group of RO's that were still learning the Palms and so they had a couple of issues trying to get their "system" down.

The issues you saw (which did seem to be concentrated primarily with Squad 10) was just the lack of RO Palm experience and not Palm error.

Like I said - the ideal thing would have been to have had more experienced Palm RO's on each stage and 99% of the issues seen would never have been seen. But we just had to do with what was available.

But even with those not-so-perfect moments - anyone that has ever done stats before, the Palms beyond a miracle. All of the hits add up, all times are entered, don't have to decide if that number is a "9", "7", or a "4," and don't have to worry about fat-fingering a number into EZWin.....and most of all, do not have to enter the data from 1,300 scoresheets! :-)

....once a club uses the Palm, they will never go back to paper.

I guess I am old tech . But when the battery went tits up on on stage seven and lost a shooters score resulting in a reshoot and the Ros switching to paper(writing the scores down on a scrap piece of paper ), entering the scores after the fact....

That was me and thankfully, though the Reshoot Gods are rarely kind, I improved my score.

Not enough to stop you from kicking my butt in the match, but still, an improvement.

Day 2 was a little better our 1st stage on Sunday (stage 8 squad 10) spent 20 min trying to get it work after the first shooter(Me).

More like 30 minutes to run the first 3 shooters, but the worst thing that happened to me was I had to spend an extra half-hour at a shooting range with very cool people. I just can't muster up an effort to feel bad about that. :D

:devil: If you think I have an ax to grind you are wrong, check with some of the guys on squad 10.

Nope. No need to check Jason for a pant load. He was cool from start to finish.

It was awesome meeting you AZ guys and shooting with you for the weekend. I definitely want to do it again.

For those who missed it, our squad had 3 BE mods, 2 reps from Dillon, a high-end GM, an M who's about to be a high-end GM, a father-and-son team, a very early IPSC-er who's recently gotten back into the game (with many great stories and experiences to share), and a couple of local studs who put on good performances. I'm surprised they didn't charge me extra for all that.

P.S. - Thanks again to you and Kevin for the calendars. :rolleyes:

For those who missed it, our squad had 3 BE mods, 2 reps from Dillon, a high-end GM, an M who's about to be a high-end GM, a father-and-son team, a very early IPSC-er who's recently gotten back into the game (with many great stories and experiences to share), and a couple of local studs who put on good performances. I'm surprised they didn't charge me extra for all that.

I wish I had known. I was an RO on stage 2. We need a secret handshake or something.

I wish I had known. I was an RO on stage 2. We need a secret handshake or something.

:roflol:

You mean the blaze-orange shirts with the foot-tall Brian Enos logos and contrasting forum ID's didn't tip you off?

I wish I had known you were there. That's part of why we wear them; so we can say hi and put faces to names.

As for the secret handshake, we could tell you, but then...well, you know.

:D

You mean the blaze-orange shirts with the foot-tall Brian Enos logos and contrasting forum ID's didn't tip you off?

I wish I had known you were there. That's part of why we wear them; so we can say hi and put faces to names.

As for the secret handshake, we could tell you, but then...well, you know.

:D

:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's me, Mr. Observant. :D

:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's me, Mr. Observant. :D

I remember that stage. I started out okay on the star and finished the last array pretty well, but stunk up the middle. Once John (Singlestack) gets his part 1 video uploaded (it's compiled and he'll start the upload tonight at bedtime), maybe you can point out who you are. I sure hope I shook your hand and thanked you for working the match so we all could come out and play.

just want say we had a great time and that everyone in squad 11 liked the pictures.

and thanks to NTPS for another great match.

now if they just would do that rifle match again! :unsure::unsure:

Sorry about the issue on 7. I admit my palm-Fu is lacking but when I went to enter the score and the screen went blank I was really screwed.

We were trying get the squads through at a good pace so you guys didn't have to stand around any longer than necessary. To that end we were letting the squads paste behind me as I scored as long as the score wasn't questionable. If we had not allowed the targets to be pasted until all were scored Mark wouldn't have had a reshoot but it would have taken longer to get everyone through.

But I will have to say in the end IMO the palms do have an advantage. No system is perfect. Not even the "old fashion" paper system. With the minimal staff we had it would have taken forever to tally all the scores the "old" way.

Edited by staudacher

Sorry about the issue on 7. I admit my palm-Fu is lacking but when I went to enter the score and the screen went blank I was really screwed.

Anyone would have been.

I thought you guys did very well after the dead battery happened. Y'all worked through the problem and got things done. I couldn't ask for anything more.

And I sure didn't mind spending extra time there on that beautiful range with y'all. Having that long view down to the turn in the hollow was nice. Stage 10 was also like that.