Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Revolver

Gary Stevens

I did a search, but couldn't find specifically what I was looking for, so here goes.

I am working on a load for my IDPA SSR revolver. I am looking for a jacketed RN 38 Spl bullet in the 158-160 grain weight. I am trying the Berry's plated bullets, and while the accuracy is acceptable it is not great.

Does anyone have experience with a jacketed RN bullet that seems to be accurate?

Thanks.

Gary

Gary, I use the rainier plated bullets with great results. I have never used Berry's.

I use the 158 rainiers with 5.2gr of trailboss powder. I am using the same load for ICORE too. It is the bomb.

Gary, I use the 158 Berrys mostly. Not much else out there in a jacket or plated bullet that has a good round nose. I've also used Moly Billy Bullets. http://www.billybullets.com/ They are dirtier both to load and shoot but not as bad as lead.

For powder I use Bullseye, Titegroup or VV N320.

+1, Not much in the way of 158 RNFMJ's out there. At on time Armscorp had a 158 fmj and someone here on the forum was trying to get a sizeable order in the states, but it never materialized. I wish someone like Montana Gold would make the 158 RNFMJ instead of flatpoint or the 142 trunacated fmj.

So, like Bill , I use either Billy or Bayou Bullets in 160 grain.

Gary, I use the rainier plated bullets with great results. I have never used Berry's.

I use the 158 rainiers with 5.2gr of trailboss powder. I am using the same load for ICORE too. It is the bomb.

Cliff: ;)

Do you use the 38 super 627-4 if so what is the load you use?

Thank you

Jim/Pa :D

Cliff: ;)

Do you use the 38 super 627-4 if so what is the load you use?

Thank you

Jim/Pa :D

In the super, I use 151gr Rainiers with power pistol. I think 5 grains or so. I also had good results with the 121's.

At one time Montana gold listed a ca 148 gr. FMJ RN bullet on their website. I was waiting until my supply of some others came down before ordering and then found that they remoived them from their website when they became overwheklmed with orders. I called and they stated they would list thjem once they caught up on their backorders - have not seen then so far but am eagerly anticipating their return.