Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oehler 35P available again

Oehler has recently announced that they are making a special run of the 35P Chrono this summer. I don't know what the price will be but used ones have been selling for well over $600.00 on E-Bay. Just for reference, I bought mine new in 2003 or 2004 for $335.00 with the printer.

Charlie

Edited by laportecharlie

Oehler has recently announced that they are making a special run of the 35P Chrono this summer. I don't know what the price will be but used ones have been selling for well over $600.00 on E-Bay. Just for reference, I bought mine new in 2003 or 2004 for $335.00 with the printer.

Charlie

Price is going to be $575 from what I've read. Too rich for my blood, though I'd love to have one.

• 7 months later...

Charlie

Price is going to be $575 from what I've read. Too rich for my blood, though I'd love to have one.

I bought mine about 7~10? years ago. I my opinion they are the best out there. I called up to ask about why they stopped and went back to selling them again. They said they couldn't find a printer up to their high standards and would rather not sell an inferior product. I assume they will continue selling as long as their supplier can provide printers.

If I was them I would still sell them for 600 per why not! :sight: Man that is only a chrono....then you go to a match and they used a 99.00 chrono to check your load....a really good thing that you drop 600.00 for one at home.

It's necessary to either have one or access to one, so for me I went with a cheaper CED with IR screen work just fine and a lot cheaper....instead of a printer I just plug in the USB cable and download the data :devil:

If I had one I would not be selling it either because it's only a chrono and you already have one. :cheers:

Just MHO, but the three screen Oehler 35P is the best chrono made. I've seen some really erratic results with others, and have thrown two different makes in the trash. Oehler stopped offering it, as a previous poster noted, because they couldn't get a decent printer to work with it. I've spoken with them... have used mine for years, and mentioned that the printer is superfulous... just produce the chrono and I can carry a clip board and pen. Maybe if enough shooters call and echo the same thoughts we can finally get a consistent chrono once again offered. I know that match chronos are normally cheap POS... but I will argue a chrono call if I have run the loads over a 35 P at the same ambient temperature.

GOF

You can argue all you want if the match chrono is within the calibration with their ammo......you would still unfortunately loose the argument.

I know it's a good chrono but the price is a little over don't you think? I said that with respect....I wish that I got one when they were price a little lower, but now there's no way I would pay $600 for any chrono.

You can argue all you want if the match chrono is within the calibration with their ammo......you would still unfortunately loose the argument.

I know it's a good chrono but the price is a little over don't you think? I said that with respect....I wish that I got one when they were price a little lower, but now there's no way I would pay $600 for any chrono.

If it was blue you know darn well you would and you would not think twice about it

Sometime ago I thought about getting the Oehler. I have used a couple of Oehlers with good results. I have used CED with generally good results; I learned a couple of things from the Chrono-men which gave me more consistent readings.

What surprised me was by doing a google search on chronographs. There is some pretty good documentation of comparing different chronographs. Some were quite close in their specifications and results. There was some good rigor in the way the studies/comparisons were carried out.

With some of the latest technologies a couple of Chronos seem to as good as a Oehler and to some folks even better.