Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to do in/near Vegas

I have to work in Las Vegas from June 28th through July 1st. I am considering bring my father and my son out with me. I'd like to hit a local match while we're out there. Trying to figure out if it would be better to come early and shoot the weekend before or stay afterwards. The weekend after is July 4th, so that worries me a little that the prices might be higher and that there may not be matches that weekend.

Any advice (including non-shooting suggestions) is appreciated!

Vegas...Hmmm

Well.. Gormet dining, killer Buffets..Shows, Bars, gambling, strippers, hookers :surprise:

I think that about covers all the bases :roflol:

Jim :devil:

And that's just at the airport!...lol

Lots of good places to get out and do some hiking too, check out the Valley of Fire just north of Vegas. The Tournament of Kings is fun, and you gotta walk the strip at least once!

Vegas...Hmmm

Well.. Gormet dining, killer Buffets..Shows, Bars, gambling, strippers, hookers :surprise:

Depends on the age of the son...

Hey Mike,

We'll have two disciplines shooting on Sunday 6/27/10. There will be a steel challenge match and a USPSA Multigun Match. Both will start shooting around 8:00am at Desert Sportsman's Rifle & Pistol Club. Web address for scores and updates is http://www.sincityshooters.org/ .

Best Regards,

Charlie Brown

DSRPC 3-Gun MD

Vegas...Hmmm

Vegas has food, buffets, and shows :surprise: who knew!

Hey Mike,

We'll have two disciplines shooting on Sunday 6/27/10. There will be a steel challenge match and a USPSA Multigun Match. Both will start shooting around 8:00am at Desert Sportsman's Rifle & Pistol Club. Web address for scores and updates is http://www.sincityshooters.org/ .

Best Regards,

Charlie Brown

DSRPC 3-Gun MD

Very cool! That decides it, we'll come for the weekend before! I'd really rather hit the 3-gun match but I don't want to fly with a case full of 2 ARs, 2 shotguns, and 3 pistols.

Thank you!