Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P .40 Trigger work...WOW!

Well great to me anyway!

I have an M&P .40 which I have rarely shot for 2 reasons.

First of which I'm a 1911 guy, shoot IDPA and carry concealed.

Second, the trigger and movement on that pistol has always bothered me.

Well, I recently became a Glock Armorer and decided to take on a small project with the help of a power point I had recently obtained for this particular weapon.

Polish this, slightly stone that etc, etc...

Well, I didn't go to the complete extremes shown in the Power Point because I didn't want a trigger pull lighter than about 4-5 pounds.

With what I've done, I'm confident I have accomplished it. I'm so impressed with the simplicity of this gun now, I'm likely going to be shooting the daylights out of it.

I also removed the internal magazine safety, it can now be dry fired without a magazine inside, and I'm simply impressed with what has been accomplished here. It took me the better part of 2 days, simply because I wanted to go as slow as possible and leave as much metal without having to purchase new parts.

Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction in obtaining directions.

I also took the pistol down completely... ugh! That was scary puting it back together. Very similar to a G-Lock... but not quite the same LOL.

Took some patience... but I got er done!

Dutch1911

1/*

I've been to the M&P Armorers school, and have built a few 1911's, and I think I've got a copy of the same powerpoint. I only mention this as background when I say, for a number of reasons, I'd rather buy these parts than file on the factory:

http://apextactical.com/hp_zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7&zenid=2f1a512d12489cj3dukhh8n1t5

While I have no personal experience with them - yet; they have been getting a large number of very good reviews on another site.

Yes, I certainly considered the Apex products, and am still quite interested in them. I have 3 sets of factory replacement parts i acquired about the time I obtained the weapon. However, I really wanted to give my hand a try, mind you this weapon is not for carry with altered parts, I only carry a 1911 Colt Custom. I do believe I will likely pick up the parts from Apex before summer's end. I'm quite happy with what this is becoming, and have high hopes for what it can become.

Dutch1911

1/*

Be careful if you take that M&P to a IDPA match. It is no longer legal since you have disabled the internal safety. Odds are the local matches wont care because it makes it easier on the shooter and SO. But, at a major, someone might read the slide. Just an FYI.

Be careful if you take that M&P to a IDPA match. It is no longer legal since you have disabled the internal safety. Odds are the local matches wont care because it makes it easier on the shooter and SO. But, at a major, someone might read the slide. Just an FYI.

That would be quite dumb given that its an optional safety, depending on the model you buy. Has IDPA never clarified that rule WRT that kind of thing?

That would be quite dumb given that its an optional safety, depending on the model you buy. Has IDPA never clarified that rule WRT that kind of thing?

Illegal for IDPA. You have removed a safety device.

Only Illegal if you tell someone you removed it. There have been plently of M&Ps that left the factory without the safety and without the engraving they are supposed to get if the don't have the safety.

It is absolutly amazing how many of these zebra's find their way into IDPA shooter's hands. :roflol:

Only Illegal if you tell someone you removed it. There have been plently of M&Ps that left the factory without the safety and without the engraving they are supposed to get if the don't have the safety.

It is absolutly amazing how many of these zebra's find their way into IDPA shooter's hands. :roflol:

Yes Dan but we are all honest in IDPA.

See you at the NY State, I'm the ammo nazi.

See you at the NY State, I'm the ammo nazi.

Not sure if I'll ba able to assist you there, but I will if I can. :cheers:

Thanks for the offer, I see that you're shooting on Sunday.

I'd also like to add, the above quoted poster is most likely the author of the power point demonstration you used and it has been extremely helpful to many, MANY M&P owners.

Thanks go to Dan! :cheers:

• 2 months later...

Just to chime in a bit late:

I have used the Apex sear and it significantly reduced my stock .40 trigger to around 3.3 lbs. The only issue is: It still needs some tuning as it does not seem to break at the same spot every time. Reset however is fantastic.

Just to chime in a bit late:

I have used the Apex sear and it significantly reduced my stock .40 trigger to around 3.3 lbs. The only issue is: It still needs some tuning as it does not seem to break at the same spot every time. Reset however is fantastic.

I think that's caused by the firing pin block spring stacking. I clipped a couple of coils off mine and it got better. Now Apex has a replacement spring to go with their FPB, that might cure it. I'm not certain, but it seems like that's what's going on....it could also be the sear spring (which they have a replacement for now as well). R,