Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Cup Poll

BPiatt

On a more positive "rule change" question...

For years now the NRA has been preaching at the awards banquet for help in getting more shooters to come to the match. They stated if we don't get more entries, the match may be in jepordy.

If you've attended some of the Q&A meetings at the cup, you'll know that many competitors complain of not enough actual shooting at the match. In essence, a lot of "down time" while at the cup.

I made the suggestion of allowing competitors to compete in both the Open and Stock division. When first suggested, I was told that I could shoot both. Pay both entry fees but the second entry would only be for "fun", not eligible for the nationla title, prizes, etc.

Well of course that make no sense and made these additional suggestions:

1. Allow competitors to shoot both Open and Stock, for Record and prizes.

2. Reduce the 2nd entry fee because the banquet and social event expenses have been paid by the 1st entry.

3. Randomly schedule competitors shooting both classes alternating between stock and open so as not to incurr an advantage.

To me this sounds like a "Win - Win" situation for the NRA.

My inquiries on this topic this year have not been answered as of this writing. I would be interested in hearing your opinions on this subject and would like to compile a list of people that would consider shooting both classes. Please respond to BPiatt@Peoplepc.com and/or respond via this forum.

Thank You

Bruce Piatt

i agree, you'll have plenty of support on this one!

we run basically this system in NZ all the time, with very similar rules...and for the same reasons.

even for local events over one or two days it still works, we've run it at nationals too.

we all get more shooting, less standing around, with different guns (great) i get to play with my 686+ moonclipped just for fun and still play for keeps in open class.

as you suggested, we've found as long as you shoot your chosen class first its no advantage, actaully it can be a disavantage if you dont handle a busy day too well.

wer'e actaully planning a Stock Nationals this year too!! hoping to get some ipsc stock shooters coming to play, HA.

Brentm

It would honestly depend on the entry fees. I really believe that the Cup's entry fees as they stand now are excessive and are a major factor in the smaller number of participants. It's the sole factor for keeping me away.

I couldn't see paying 400 plus bucks to shoot both events (even though I'd really want to). :wacko:

I am with Brent.

He knows I would be in for this and how much shooting is required to do both. I have completed a match in both stock and open in one day, that was a lot of shooting and a hell of a lot of fun. Extremely hard work, but it was a hell of a buzz.

Even with the side matches, you do stand around at the Cup. It is less of a problem the first time you go, but once you know the drill you will become a little bored, so lots of shooting is required to keep you in the mood.

Bruce,

Another thing they could do is give a prize for the combine matches, nothing big but it would be something to see what comes of it. If the people want it they could also include a triple crown prize for shooting Production as well. That will kill you but what fun. 600rounds of AP in 3 days, plus side matches. WOO HOO!

I wonder if my very std 686 would qualify for production and stock??????? :P

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect they are, but given their propensity to stuff things up they have probably changed it.

Daft question.

Would a 6 or 8 inch, as manufactured S&W686 be considered Metallic Sight or Production division? Or could you shoot once and enter for both divisions?

• 3 weeks later...

I have always wanted to TRY to shoot at the Bianchi cup, but, I never thought I was good enough to even try.

I am a little confused. I thought the targets were the same, and set at the same distances for all classes. Now I'm getting the idea that the targets MAY be closer for the open sighted guns, compared to the open guns.

I would think that shooting multiple classes would be a good thing for everybody involved.

Do any of you guys know if there is any such thing as "practice" matchs anywhere? Preferably, close to Wisconsin.

Thanks for any help!!

Thanks for the information. I was hoping the targets were closer for the open sights. I guess if I ever shoot it, I'll have to shoot an open gun.

I live in Fond du Lac. It is about an hour, straight North of Milwaukee.

Whereabouts in Indiana do they shoot?

• 2 weeks later...

Over here in the Netherlands Bianchi-Cup is restricted to Open and Standard Division. So Open pistols/revolvers vs. Standard pistols/revolvers each shooting their own competitions with their own prize-tabels and records,with competitors from Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands, it's always a nice match divided over two days with a nice BBQ at the end, and perfectly organized by "De Korrel"/Druten and "Le Cartouche"/Ochten, located in the centre of the Netherlands.

Come and visit our match! Even Top-IPSC shootist Saul Kirsch (Israel) attended our match last year and promised to come back this year!!

DVC, Henny.

PS Bianchi forever! :)

• 2 months later...

Bruce,

Shooting two pistols sounds good to me. I probably wont do it but others should be given the oppertunity to do so.

Rule changes: I'm all for changing the rules to exclude wings and mover mounts, ect. Get it back to an actual shooting event not a equiptment race.

I suggested to Mr Krei the day after the meeting. That you must shoot two guns ( Unlimited and metalic) to win the cup and therer should be separate winners for Unlimited and Metalic. meaning if you are shooting for the B-cup you don't get the Unlimited trophy if you win that class. It will go to the high unlimited score belonging to a person not shooting both guns. Kind of like the Pro-Am thing that some one suggested. Same goes for the Metalic class. :ph34r:

Dirty Steve, Out.