Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Converting 7 rd SS to 8 rds

Jammer1911

I have several Pachmyer Mags from days of yor. They are 7 rds as that was all we had back then. I also have ~ 15 -20 7 rd mags from my various Springfield purchases. I would like to change them all to 8 rds. Are there any good conversion kits out there? Would love to hear from anyone with experience in this area, Good or Bad. Thx.

• 1 month later...

I have several Pachmyer Mags from days of yor. They are 7 rds as that was all we had back then. I also have ~ 15 -20 7 rd mags from my various Springfield purchases. I would like to change them all to 8 rds. Are there any good conversion kits out there? Would love to hear from anyone with experience in this area, Good or Bad. Thx.

I've got a box full of seven rounders too.. from the old days of combat matches!

I started looking for the conversion kits and found them the cheapest at Midway.

I haven't bought them yet, but I've talked to a buddy that said they worked just fine.

Chip McCormick Magazine Conversion Kit 1911 45 ACP 8-Round or 7-Round Conversion $13.99

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=960552

I've got a box full of seven rounders too.. from the old days of combat matches!

I started looking for the conversion kits and found them the cheapest at Midway.

I haven't bought them yet, but I've talked to a buddy that said they worked just fine.

Chip McCormick Magazine Conversion Kit 1911 45 ACP 8-Round or 7-Round Conversion $13.99

http://www.midwayusa...ctNumber=960552

Personally, unless your attached to them, I would sell them and use the money to buy new 8 round mags.

Are there any good conversion kits out there? Would love to hear from anyone with experience in this area, Good or Bad. Thx.

I've got a box full of seven rounders too..

http://www.midwayusa...ctNumber=960552

Personally, unless your attached to them, I would sell them and use the money to buy new 8 round mags.

+1 to what Corey said. A cheap/old/questionable mag is the quickest way to turn a $3000 custom gun into a $500 rough cut import. Conversely, a good $35 magazine with quality ammo, may makes your $500 klunker run better than your buddy's custom 1911 if he's cutting corners on the same.

I would sell the 7 rounds. use that money to buy good 8 rounds. With the money your going to spend with buying the conversion kits, you might save a couple of buck if any and you have your self a new set of mags. Just saying that what I would do.