Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New member from Albuquerque

HotRodZilla

Ok...So the first obligatory post.

I live in Albuquerque and shoot with the Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club. That being said, I know a few people already on here...GManBart, the Lamberts, the Currents, P. Benson, and a few others that I am pretty sure, but not absolutely sure are here. They all know me as AJ, and as far as I know, they all LOVE me because I am such a nice guy. :P My friends at the club always ask me if I saw this or that on the forum, and I always have to say no since I'm not a member. So I'm joining up so I can stop the excuses.

Been shooting all my life, but never learned to shoot a pistol until 1997. I didn't start shooting competition until about 3 years ago. Like most of my hobbies, I dove right in and started shooting Limited-10 until I bought a gun that met the Single Stack rules and have mostly shot in that division. I picked up a Limited gun from one of the shooters here almost two years ago and decided to start shooting it seriously this year. We will see how that progresses.

So...That's probably it for now...I hate long winded hellos, so I'll let it go. If you wanna know anything else, just ask...I'll tell. If anyone that knows me mentions anything about me being a smartalec, don't believe them.

I was gonna make this funnier, but the rules seemed pretty stringent, and everyone knows I would never break a rule...Ever. So I think I'll feel-out the atmosphere a little before I say something stupid. :D

Don't listen to him AJ...

Welcome to the forum we are always talking about.

You are safe here.... :rolleyes:

But what the heck is Hot Rod Zilla?

You been flying on 2 wheels?

Welcome AJ :cheers:

Its true we all love you,

AJ is one of those people that lifts your spirits, more fun than a barrel of monkeys :roflol:

He does have a small smart-aleck streak...bout half a mile wide :lol:

I think you shall fit in just fine here :D

Jim

Welcome AJ :cheers:

Its true we all love you,

AJ is one of those people that lifts your spirits, more fun than a barrel of monkeys :roflol:

He does have a small smart-aleck streak...bout half a mile wide :lol:

I think you shall fit in just fine here :D

Jim

Yup, he'll fit in just fine. That smart aleck streak stretches from horizon to horizon. Kinda reminds me of...ME! :surprise:

Hugs and kisses, :roflol:

Pat

Ok I am slow. AJ setup an illegal USPSA stage last weekend. He has no respect for rules, laws, or common sense. Avoid him at all costs. If it was not for his sweet wife and three daughters he would have no redemeaning features.

Ok I am slow. AJ setup an illegal USPSA stage last weekend. He has no respect for rules, laws, or common sense. Avoid him at all costs. If it was not for his sweet wife and three daughters he would have no redemeaning features.

Yeah, and being the angel that you are... :devil:

CYa,

Pat

My heart is pure as the driven snow. My stages are compliant with all rules and are fun to shoot unlike those illegal stages of AJ. Few remember the semi-circle of death stage at Zia. A semi-circle with targets out to 25 yards with no shoots on 75% of them. Be kind or the next match will have son of semi-circle of death stage.

Hey AJ....welcome! See you in a couple of weeks :cheers:

Are you coming the HDC in June? That will be cool. We'll see you then.

Don't listen to him AJ...

Welcome to the forum we are always talking about.

You are safe here.... :rolleyes:

But what the heck is Hot Rod Zilla?

You been flying on 2 wheels?

HotRodZilla was the nickname given to me in like 1997 by this girl I worked with. Hot; cuz I'm you know...cute, Rod is a reference to the last name, and I donno where the heck Zilla came from. I'm told it had something to do with my tendency to get pissed off about stuff. Anyway, it kinda stuck, it makes a good forum name, and it's easy to abbreviate: HRZ.

And as far as the two wheels, I flew about 400 miles on them this weekend. I love that thing. The adrenaline rush and the quiet are just what I need most days.

Haha...Everyone here that knows you knows that you l-o-v-e to whine. "WeeWeeWee...AJ set up an illegal stage." Well with 15 minutes to come up with a "speed-shoot" in a half a berm, that's what you get. I still say it was not one postion. You had multiple positions including standing and kneeling, just not a lot of space to do it in. Haha...If we woulda had more room, it woulda been different. Sorry!

As for the rest of you...Thanks for the welcome. I'll see you out there.

Hey AJ....welcome! See you in a couple of weeks :cheers:

Are you coming the HDC in June? That will be cool. We'll see you then.

Yep, I'm entered! R,

Please tell me that the HDC is more than a couple of weeks away! :surprise: Jerry and I are still welding up props. We're going to have to put on a third shift if it's that close! :roflol:

CYa,

Pat