Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Making "B" in all but one Division.

Aircooled6racer

Hello: Well, I got back from my Corpus Christi trip and was going through my mail and found my new USPSA card. I looked at at and I am a "B" shooter in all Divisions except Revolver(need more classifiers for that). I am kinda proud of it since I have shot these and made "B" instead of getting bumped :cheers: Now I will have to shoot the revolver for a while to make "B" in that. Having not shot a handgun until 5 years ago(born in Canada) I feel I am doing really well since I started competing in 2006. I want to thank all those that have helped me get this far :cheers: Next will be trying make "A" by the end of this year in one of the divisions :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Don't get too hung up on the titles or classifications. Move up as your scores move and your match performances progress. I shot a little bit last year and got better as the year went along. By the end of the year, so many matches were getting rained out, and that followed into this year. We have 3 matches "local" to us and all of them are a 2 hour drive. One of them I don't get to go to very often because it is on Saturday and I have to work. That leaves the other 2 which have been canceled a few times this year due to weather. I went to Area 6 having shot only 2, maybe 3 club matches, and it shows. I haven't had the opportunity to practice much because it's dark when I get home from work and I'm just beat down tired. Last year, I won 2 of the 3 major matches I shot in in B Class Limited. I'm now in A Class and I have a bit of work to do to become competitive there. Who wants to be the GM way down on the list of scores? I shoot classifiers well enough, but when you get into A Class there's a whole lot more to the game to be competitive.