Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Acdsee Photo Program

I'd love to use digital at work. My group still uses Polaroid... :blink:

Poloroid... :lol::lol:

That's good.... oh, you're serious :lol:

wouldn't an inexpensive, quality camera (like a 2MB Olympus @ $130) pay for itself fairly quickly?

Sorry, couldn't resist

35s and Polaroids still have their place.. I took my little Sony CD camera with me on vacation and took about 1400 photos @ 1280 x 960. Downloaded them to folders on my computer then ran the auto adjust feature on ACDSee on em all. They turned out great and are already organized into groups per location with slide shows ready with a single mouse click. Not counting the camera - costs me about 45 cents per mini CD - each CD hold about 170 or 180 photos. I don't know what it would cost to use 35 mm to do that but it would be a lot more. Also the convenience of the digital can't be beat.

Some jobs require you furnish Polaroids or 35 mm when photo documentation is required but the number of employers who do are steadily diminishing.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the drift...

For my line of work (catastrophe insurance claims :ph34r: ) and the volume of claims we run, Polaroid still works. I think really its a speed issue. Quality? If we need real documentation, we take 35's. We've been screaming for digital for a number of years (and I think the Sony Mavica was the answer for a number of reasons I won't get into), but who knows.

drift-off