Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Limited

Hey everybody. I took the plunge on a Witness Limited in .40. I bought the gun used. I have a couple of problems.

1. I don't know if this is an old or new style gun. Where would the marking be to find out? Serial number?

2. I can't find mags for this thing!! I'd like to compete with it (first timer here) but I am severely lacking in the mag department, I only have one.

Thanks and here she is! Oh, and if you know where I can get mags for the CZ as well please point me in that direction! The CZ is an 75 ST IPSC in .40

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0002eaa.jpg

Looks like a large frame Limited. You'll probably want to run 10mm mags in it, if you are reloading. The standard black plastic base mags won't work because of the mag well (perhaps if you take a dremel tool to them they might work for emergency, but would be hard to seat). The mags need the aluminum base plates, or even better, the Henning made pads that enable 21 rounds in the mag.

Henning Walgren is the way to go. Check on gunbroker.com for extra mags and if you can find them Henning can supply the base pad for the mag well, springs, and followers. I have the Limited Pro in 9mm without the scope mount tappings and a Gold in .45. I have shot many rounds thru both and they operate flawless. Only problem have been the mags, but once I found them and installed Hennings parts, everything was good.

You can't find mags for those anywhere!!! It's useless. Since it is I'll take it off your hands for $200.

All joking aside check the dealer section of the forum for info on the tanfoglios. Henning is a great guy and has the products and knowledge to turn your gun into a great gun.