Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changing Guns/Divisions before Major Match begins?

Is it OK to change divisions after you have paid, registered & squaded for a major match (level 2+)? (Before the match begins.)

I was thinking about shooters who are not yet fortunate enough to have backup guns in the same division.

I would think it would be likely that it is OK & has happened fairly often. I tried to search, but I am not submitting the right combination of terms.

If something broke & you knew you were not likely to get your gun back from the 'smith before the match, would it be considered better to contact the match director asap (or are they busy with other stuff & might it be better to wait until you are at the match to inform the officials that you are shooting another division?)

Thanks!

It seems lots of folks do that. Some even do it after finding out how many folks & which folks are in which division. Evidently it is fine.

If it were me & I needed to change because of a gun failure, I would send an email to the MD with the info as soon as possible then on check in, make the correction if it isn't done yet.

MLM

A couple years ago I changed from Production to Open right before the Area 8 match. I e-mailed the match director to let him know, he had me notify who ever was doing stats. When I got there my paperwork was all ready to go with my division (Open) and classification on my stage stickers.

I'd say shoot an e-mail to the MD as soon as you can.

Match Directors use headcount in the various combinations of Division/Class/Category to determine quantities and depth (1st place only, 1st thru 3rd, etc) of match awards they need to order. So early notice helps in him not having to say "We'll get a plaque/trophy to you later." during match awards presentation. Life happens, and changes can be dealt with up til the match starts. There are rules for handling substitutions during the match.

Edited by NMBOpen

Just inform...early and often.

Find the Match Director before the match starts and inform. (best to call/write/email ASAP)

Then, walk up and tell the Stats Officer, maybe even write down all the info for them.

Check the scores before you leave the match to make sure they got the change recorded. (Don't forget your power factor.)

If you don't declare before the match, you may end up in Open division, when you didn't want to be.