Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oklahoma City, OK

I'll be going to the High Plains Shotgun Challenge next week in Oklahoma City. They don't have a match hotel, so does anybody have any recommendations? I'm taking the wife with me so it needs to be relatively nice.

Also, any good recommendations on a restaurant or two to check out? I'd like to take her out for a good steak one night. Maybe a good BBQ place would be nice for a different night.

I'll be going to the High Plains Shotgun Challenge next week in Oklahoma City. They don't have a match hotel, so does anybody have any recommendations? I'm taking the wife with me so it needs to be relatively nice.

Also, any good recommendations on a restaurant or two to check out? I'd like to take her out for a good steak one night. Maybe a good BBQ place would be nice for a different night.

Cattlemen's Restaurant in the Stockyards is pretty much the best steak in town. Earl's BBQ in Bricktown (downtown OKC) is pretty good. I'd try to find a hotel in the Edmond area as it will be closest to the range.

There is a Hampton Inn at I-35 and second ave. Iin Edmond Ok. and a Holiday Inn Express in the same area. and a Best Western just about a mile west on Second. These are the closest to the range. Sorry I don't have #s for you but these would be where I would stay. KurtM R.M. High Plains Shotgun Challenge.

It's not BBQ or Steak, but my favorite restaurant is in Edmond a couple miles from the hotels mentioned above. Check out Ted's Cafe Escondido. It's an awesome tex-mex place.

FWIW: I use to travel alot. I mean 48 weeks a year. I booked most of my rooms on Hotwire. Type in the address you want to be near and they do the rest. Expedia is good if you need a specific hotel, but Hotwire has the cheapest rates if you are willing to take a chance on not knowing your hotel before you purchase.

I'd assume you would want to stay in Edmond as you would be closer to the range than staying in OKC. Anyway, http://www.stevesrib.com/ in Edmond for BBQ. You have places like Boulevard Steak House www.boulevardsteakhouse.com if you want a higher end steak place. Also, Hideaway Pizza http://www.hideawaypizza.com/locations.php has a location in Edmond if you want good pizza.

There is a Hampton Inn at I-35 and second ave. Iin Edmond Ok. and a Holiday Inn Express in the same area. and a Best Western just about a mile west on Second. These are the closest to the range.

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn twice and it was nice. I will stay there again on my next visit.

-Chet

Looks like the Hampton Inn is it for us. The boss booked the room this morning.

Thanks for the suggestions on food. We're going to have to check out Cattlemen's. I think I saw it on one of the Food Network's shows one time. Really looking forward to it.

It's not BBQ or Steak, but my favorite restaurant is in Edmond a couple miles from the hotels mentioned above. Check out Ted's Cafe Escondido. It's an awesome tex-mex place.

I'll give Ted's a vote! We'll be there Friday & Saturday night unless we get a better offer somewhere... Ice cold beer and excellent food @ Ted's :cheers: