Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When a match gets cancelled

PeterMor

I was looking forward to a club match tomorrow and just got notification that it was cancelled because of 6" of fresh snow at the range. It's April what the heck is up with the snow !?!?!? :angry2:

Global warming in action. :-)

Yeh, the weather here in the Northwest has been cold and wet (and, in some places, snowy) beyond its right to do so. The backstory is, however, that this signifies the end of a three-year drought where the reservoirs sunk to demented lows, the snow pack was only, say, 60% of normal, and worries about river levels for migrating fish all had us all goin' nervous there for a while. The month of March has certainly returned to normal: Unpredictable and Wet. :rolleyes:

It does seem a little unseemly cold 'n windy at the moment, though... <_<

I was looking forward to a club match tomorrow and just got notification that it was cancelled because of 6" of fresh snow at the range. It's April what the heck is up with the snow !?!?!? :angry2:

We've had a considerably favorable winter to shoot it, so I think we are still out ahead with our shooting season. But yea, me too, I thought we were in the clear and I busted out my "spring friendly" stages for this month (more walls/paper/array's, target systems, etc.) fingers crossed

Good thing I got that notification as well, as I was all ready to go to this club as well as more practice before going to TX next week. Oh well.

Global warming in action. :-)

you beat me to it.

We use to have a couple matches do that but have a website now that they use to post stuff. Nothing like checking to make sure it is still on the night before. Driving 2 hrs each way to walk in and get the match canceled and have to turn around and drive right back