Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Talkers Not Shooters

I shot in a Multigun match this past weekend. There were a few new shooters but I know most of them had shot in a multigun match before. They all looked and talked like Rambo. Every piece of equipment you could think of on the equipment belt. I believe some of them were LE personel. I am glad to see these people try to expand their shooting skills because most of them don't practice at all. I tried to talk to them about how they were going to shoot a course of fire. They didn't seem to want to listen. I have been shooting competitively for over 20 years, but I am almost 62 years old. I guess the old man don't know what he is talking about. Well, when it was time for these whipper snappers to shoot, none of them could not negotiate the course without screwups. I finished second in the match out of 20 shooters. I am not saying that you have to listen to the "old timers", but while the match is going on, pay attention to how different shooters go through the course of fire and learn from it. I am not sure if this is the right way to say it, "If you talk the talk, can you walk the walk". These guys were talking big about all the things they have done, but they didn't look like they could pour p*** out of a boot if the instructions were on the bottom. I am not saying I know it all, I am still learning from good shooters. People just don't pay attention at matches. Rant over, keep coming to the range. Bshooter

It always amazes me how bad LE are with guns. And how they seem to dislike shooting. Our club use to invite the locals out to our matches, offer to let them shoot free, stuff like that. None ever showed up. We held a benefit match once and the proceeds were to go towards protective equip. for the force, vests and such. We had to beg someone to come pick up the check! Never again. I'd much rather see them spend money on training and ammo than new vehicles or donuts, lol.

There are numerous GM shooters from the ranks of law enforcement. Just for once can't we express our disgust for plumbers who can't hit the side of a barn, or maybe we could pick on veterinarians. On second thought, I know a couple of GM plumbers and a GM vet or two. :roflol:

I would like to compliment a few LE that I shoot with. They are usually the ones I try to keep up with. I believe I can shoot as well as they do but when it comes to movement, at least 35 years younger makes a big difference. I had a young deputy come up to me after a match about a month ago and thanked me for pushing him. (Not physically, just to shoot better.) I really felt that was a compliment. Even at my age I always call a LE sir, especially if he can out shoot me. Bshooter

By the way, I know a veterinarian that shoot extremely well too. I sure wish he would give me free advice about my dog. Bshooter

Edited by Bshooter